Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Spice and Spirit -Pesach

curlyhead

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:48 am
I have the old Yellow pesach version of the spice and spirit - at least 10 years old. Is the new one very different? Is it worth it to buy?

Liba

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:57 am
I bought the new one and miss the old one. It is bigger, but it doesn't have my favorite recipes, and it doesn't say who the recipes were submitted by. That was one of my favorite things about the yellow one. Very Happy

I made my yellow pesach cookbook chometz (I had a child allergic to soy and wheat) when I bought the purple one and boy was I sorry. I ended up photocopying a bunch of my favorite recipes and sticking them into my purple pesach cookbook.

curlyhead

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 6:09 am
So it has totally new recipes? I just want to know if it is a waste of money to but it.

Liba

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 6:39 am
I don't know. It is bigger, thicker and has more commentary. I don't personally have any new favorite recipes from it, but that may just be me. I am happy with my old recipes so it didn't get that much of a chance. When I ordered it I thought I was getting the yellow Pesach cookbook. Only after I ordered it and made my old one chometdig did I find out it was a new version.

Last edited by Liba on Tue, Apr 03 2012, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 6:53 am
The new Pesach cookbook is over a hundrd pages long, and the old one was maybe a few dozen pages. The difference betwen them is like night and day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics