Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Chocolate crinkle cookies

saweetie

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 2:33 pm
Has anyone made tamar ansch's chocolate crinkle cookies for Pesach? I have a hard time believing that they can come out good. Can someone give feedback?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 3:08 pm
I made them both this year and last. They came out good. They look fantastic when they come out of the oven, but I've found they flatten as they cool. Still look nice and taste good though.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 3:25 pm
BH it"s not sticky and gross. My chocoalte fudgey type cookies turned out bad.

db815

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:04 pm
Can I have the recipe please? Thanks!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:32 pm
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla (I used 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar)
2 cups potato starch
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups powdered sugar reserved to coat cookies

Beat oil, cocoa and sugar in mixer. Add eggs, one at a time and keep beating. If mixture is very, very liquidy and does not begin to thicken, add a bit more cocoa, about 2 tablespoons.

Add vanilla, potato starch and baking powder. Batter should be thick like peanut butter. Refrigerate overnight or even 2-3 days.

Preheat oven to 350.

Line baking trays with parchment. Cover fingers with powdered sugar and have more in small bowl to roll cookies in. Roll into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Keep them small -- they will spread a lot. Do not flatten, leave as balls.

Bake for about 8 minutes until they are just starting to crinkle and become full of lines. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and cool on paper they were baked on. Scrape off of paper with spatula after cooling 10 minutes. Freezes well.

db815

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:37 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla (I used 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar)
2 cups potato starch
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups powdered sugar reserved to coat cookies

Beat oil, cocoa and sugar in mixer. Add eggs, one at a time and keep beating. If mixture is very, very liquidy and does not begin to thicken, add a bit more cocoa, about 2 tablespoons.

Add vanilla, potato starch and baking powder. Batter should be thick like peanut butter. Refrigerate overnight or even 2-3 days.

Preheat oven to 350.

Line baking trays with parchment. Cover fingers with powdered sugar and have more in small bowl to roll cookies in. Roll into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Keep them small -- they will spread a lot. Do not flatten, leave as balls.

Bake for about 8 minutes until they are just starting to crinkle and become full of lines. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and cool on paper they were baked on. Scrape off of paper with spatula after cooling 10 minutes. Freezes well.

Thanks a million! Making these now...btw I made many of the recipes you posted all delish!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 4:33 pm
I'd love to make these as ds loves those during the year. What can I do if I don't use powdered sugar?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 5:11 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I'd love to make these as ds loves those during the year. What can I do if I don't use powdered sugar?

You can make your own powdered sugar by whizzing 1 cup regular sugar plus 1 tablespoon potato starch in a blender until it looks like powdered sugar.

shabri

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 6:51 pm
I've been making these since her her book came out a few years ago. We love them straight from the freezer. Just made a double batch tonight

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 7:17 pm
You can put the dough in the freezer for 4 hours or so and it comes stiff enough to roll into balls.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:35 pm
I was about to make them and then saw it says baking powder-we don't use that either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics