Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Blueberry Muffins (Whisk Magazine, 3/21/12)

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 12:47 pm
2 eggs, separated
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1¼ cup potato starch
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup blueberries (or mini chocolate chips)

Optional crumble topping:
½ cup sugar
¼ cup margarine (I used oil)
½ tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup potato starch
¼ cup ground almonds

Preheat oven to 365 (I baked them at 350 and they were fine). Line 2 cupcake pans with 12 cupcake liners.

In bowl of mixer, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff. Slowly add yolks, sugar, baking powder, potato starch and oil. Mix until incorporated. Fold in blueberries or chips.

Spoon batter into cupcake holders. Bake for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pans for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

For topping: raise oven to 400. Mix ingredients into a crumble. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Brush muffins with oil (or spray with cooking spray) and sprinkle with crumble.

Mevater

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 12:59 pm
OOTB, I see youre posting lots of yummy sounding recipes.

Is it possible for you to add to each recipe post, which you've tried, how it looks/tastes and if you'd make any changes to the recipe next time you make the recipe?

TIA.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 1:02 pm
Mevater wrote:

Is it possible for you to add to each recipe post, which you've tried, how it looks/tastes and if you'd make any changes to the recipe next time you make the recipe?

TIA.

I have made everything I posted except for one and I noted that there. In each one too I added any notes I have regarding the recipe.

Mevater

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 1:26 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Mevater wrote:

TIA.

I have made everything I posted except for one and I noted that there. In each one too I added any notes I have regarding the recipe.
Thanks - they all sound scrumptious.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 8:57 am
Wanted to mention that I pulled these out of the freezer this morning (I take out 1-2 new things each day for snacking) and they were a tremendous hit. Next time, I would add even more blueberries and I think I'd bake a drop less (though that may be because my oven isn't so precise) as they were a little too dry.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Mar 29 2013, 8:33 am
Wanted to bump this -- I just defrosted them and served them today and they again were a big hit -- I put in more blueberries this time (around double).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics