Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Tube pan help

yentadevosha

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 5:39 pm
I'm trying to make my pesach cakes, but I have no luck with the tube pans. The cakes keep falling apart as they cool. I messed up 4 already Exploding anger Please give me step by step directions. Thank You!

Dini20

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 7:46 pm
Are they falling/sinking or falling apart? Don't spray the pans before you put the batter in, and make sure not to underbake them at all.

Dini20

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 7:47 pm
Are they falling/sinking or falling apart? Don't spray the pans before you put the batter in, and make sure not to underbake them at all.

yentadevosha

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 8:44 pm
They are falling apart as they cool. How long do you bake them? I baked them for an hour.

Dini20

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 8:46 pm
Each oven is different. I haven't started baking this year so I don't even remember how long they were in last year. But when you touch the top it should spring back - not stay indented. Also, are you sifting the potato starch when you add it instead of just dumping it in?

yentadevosha

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 8:51 pm
Never heard of sifting potato starch. Can this be the prob.? How much potato starch/nuts do you use?

a mother1

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:48 am
heat up the tubepan first so it gets hot so when u put the batter it sets right away this should work

Lakewoodnjmom

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 9:24 am
Been baking with potato starch for many many years for Pesach. I always sift it once and then sift it again directly into the mixing bowl with the batter. Also, always fold the potato starch in with a spatula, don't use the mixer for that part.
It also helps if you mix in 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the sugar called for in any recipe, into the egg whites as you're beating them.
All Pesach potato starch cakes fall in a little, but they shouldn't fall out of the pan.
Remember, you can always bake them in a 9" x 13" pan instead (tastes just as good).

mother4

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 10:17 pm
One major trick, in general, with chiffon cakes is: Beating the whites stiff, adding sugar until real stiff, and then carefully and slowly mixing the rest in. Potato starch is always last. Good luck for next year!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics