Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
PRETTY FRIENDS. Spinoff; This woman is too beautiful. Waaaa!
1  2  Next

when you see a pretty girl, do you have a desire to befriend her/get to know her?
yes  
 28%  [ 18 ]
no  
 53%  [ 34 ]
neither - I'm anti social  
 18%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 64

Arcy

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 11:42 pm
After reading the article about the woman who thinks she's all that and a bag of chips, and how she has no girl friends because they all hate her for her beauty I suddenly realized that ALL my good friends are beautiful.

I think I make conscious choice to pick only pretty friends. Although I know it may sound vain, I know I'd be embarrassed to be seen w/ some1 who is ugly.

Now to define "pretty friends" they don't have to be a size 4, or be blond... but they usually take care of themselves and are presentable. I have heavier friends and very skinny friends, blond friends and brunets, but all of them are beautiful and several I consider drop dead (& that's not even a title I would give myself, although I'm confident in my looks). Some even shave their heads and wear turnbans. (I think in truth, all of them are beautiful because they're just wonderful ppl, but I still think they're pretty out side as well)

the kind of friends I do not have are those who smell, are unkempt, have dirty fingernails, wear stained clothes, are obnoxious, rude & act provocatively, and make bad drunks etc...

the "prettyer" the girl, the more I'm "proud" to have her as a friend.

Am I the only one whose like this? don't all women want pretty girlfriends?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 11:51 pm
I'd have a desire to get beauty recommendations, but not friendship, from pretty women.

I'd want to befriend women with beautiful hearts, no matter what their appearance.

PS - this week my fingernails keep getting really dirty for some reason.....

sequoia

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 11:54 pm
I don't know. It's kind of mysterious how we become, and stay, friends. It's not really about specific qualities.

Arcy

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 11:58 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I'd have a desire to get beauty recommendations, but not friendship, from pretty women.

I'd want to befriend women with beautiful hearts, no matter what their appearance.

PS - this week my fingernails keep getting really dirty for some reason.....

yeah I didn't mean dirty because of cleaning or whatever.... I've personally gotten only 3 manicures in the last 4.5 years (one of them was for my own wedding), and I should add, that I chew my nails so they're deffinetly no model material, mayb should have changed that line... the point was ppl who are shlumfy

Arcy

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:01 am
btw, all my friends have beutiful hearts, but they're all got beautiful, faces... such a weird coincidence!

MrsDash

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:06 am
My teeth aren't white, or straight, and they are tiny, and goofy looking. I guess I'll warn anyone before I come to town. I don't want to 'offend' anyone with my non-Angelina Jolie looks. Rolling Eyes

Seriously? Is this high school or something? My friends are my friends. Regardless of looks. I don't really think about it or analyze my friends appearances.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:10 am
I like people with confidence, and women are more likely to be confident if they're beautiful - or maybe it's the other way around, and everyone perceives them as beautiful because of their confidence in themselves.

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:54 am
OP, I guess we can't be friends.

I kinda think it's a bit shallow, honestly. Who cares how someone looks? I know plenty of gorgeous girls, and I wouldn't want to be friends with any of them. Sometimes, beauty is only skin deep.

I'm fat, have awful teeth, pale skin, and thin lips. My nails are clean and I wear clean clothes. But I'll give my friend the shirt off my back.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 8:37 am
my choice in the poll would be "I could care less about how they look. Whats important is who they are"

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 8:43 am
Ima2NYM_LTR wrote:
my choice in the poll would be "I could care less about how they look. Whats important is who they are"

^This. I want this as my vote. None of the other answers fit.

Raizle

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 8:50 am
Arcy, people usually view the people they love as beautiful. And even when there are no redeeming physical features we like the way they look because as people they bring out good feelings in us. So it's possible you chose your friends first and once you became good friends they look beautiful to you.

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 9:13 am
Where are you getting drunk in Monsey? I am presentable. Can I join the party?

happy mom1

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 9:56 am
"Some even shave their heads and wear turnbans."

I found that pretty (pun intended) amusing. EVEN with their shaven heads they are pretty.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:19 am
What does beauty have to do with friendship? A spouse needs to be attracted to each other, but friends just need to be compatible in some way IMO.

ElTam

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:21 am
You need to add an option for people who pick their friends because they like them as people.

Arcy

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:59 am
Raizle wrote:
Arcy, people usually view the people they love as beautiful. And even when there are no redeeming physical features we like the way they look because as people they bring out good feelings in us. So it's possible you chose your friends first and once you became good friends they look beautiful to you.

I thought about it last night and I came to the same conclusion... there was one person I got to know, and most ppl do not think she's the most attractive, (she's heavy set, does not have a clear face, her teeth are no comparison to Angie) but I think she's totally beautiful!! She's got the most awesome personality and the whole room sparks up when she walks in. To me, she beautiful (I've even argued this w/ some1 way back in school)...

so I guess your right. :-) the prettier the heart, the more beautiful the face!

Arcy

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 11:00 am
Squishy wrote:
Where are you getting drunk in Monsey? I am presentable. Can I join the party?

LOL, I stopped my social drinking when I got married and moved to Monsey.... but I can tell you a few good places in Manhatten, Brooklyn and Philly ;-)

Arcy

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 11:05 am
emesornt wrote:
OP, I guess we can't be friends.

I kinda think it's a bit shallow, honestly. Who cares how someone looks? I know plenty of gorgeous girls, and I wouldn't want to be friends with any of them. Sometimes, beauty is only skin deep.

I'm fat, have awful teeth, pale skin, and thin lips. My nails are clean and I wear clean clothes. But I'll give my friend the shirt off my back.

I've never met one kind person who is not beautiful... if your middos are refined, you are beautiful... and that's not a debatable point.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 11:18 am
Whenever I see someone really pretty, I always expect her to be snobby too. I know I'm wrong, but that's just the way I feel initially.

ora_43

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 11:25 am
Arcy wrote:
the kind of friends I do not have are those who smell, are unkempt, have dirty fingernails, wear stained clothes, are obnoxious, rude & act provocatively, and make bad drunks etc...

These are things that usually go with being socially inept and/or not caring enough about social norms to make an effort.

People who are socially inept or just don't care can be awesome friends - to the right kind of person. But there are people who would find it hard to be friends with them, and that's fine too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics