Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Hows the "Gourmet Grade" Food Processor that Buzz
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Mon, Apr 09 2012, 1:27 am
I was in The Buzz and bought another Braun Food Processor, despite the salesperson singing the praises of the "Gourmet Grade" Food Processor which he said was larger, great quality, and the same price as the smaller Braun. I hadnt heard enough about it to risk buying it.

Did anyone buy it? How does it compare to the Braun?

"Food processors are also a best seller; The Buzz sells thousands. The most popular, said Heshy Biegeleisen, one of the owners, is a 14-cup machine made by Gourmet Grade that has the “ultimate kugel blade.” It prevents the potato batter from having a soupy consistency associated with some food processors. The blade was designed by engineers in China after Mr. Biegeleisen spent three weeks there figuring out with them how to forge a device that could create the granular texture of a hand grater (minus the blood that often comes with a cut finger). The answer was a blade that alternated large holes with small holes".

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04.....d=all

Waffles

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 8:27 pm
I know this is an old post, but the same exact thing happened to me today! I went in to buy a Braun, they are pushing the Gourmet Grade. I left without either but I need to make a decision. Does anyone have the Gourmet Grade - how is it? Or should I go for the braun? (I really need it for the rest of the year, not for pesach. Thanks.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 11:37 am
I was also thinking about the grade since it is not much more expensive than the braun and I have an old braun now which is on its last legs but I hate it because it doesn't even fit a decent kugel recipe! which is why I want to go for something bigger....still not sure though since $119 is still on the expensive side for me.

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 3:49 pm
All of those considering buying a no name brand, b e w a r e!!!! Unless you have very reliable first-hand opinions on a no name brand appliance, fuegetabatit!

A Buzz salesperson talked me into buying a no name crockpot, saying its great. Thats true- its great at burning food, the dish is sooooo thin.... but B"H I only have to put up with it for Pesach.

Luckily I stuck with Braun for the food processor.

If anyone feels otherwise, let us know.

Maya

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 3:59 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
I was also thinking about the grade since it is not much more expensive than the braun and I have an old braun now which is on its last legs but I hate it because it doesn't even fit a decent kugel recipe! which is why I want to go for something bigger....still not sure though since $119 is still on the expensive side for me.

$119 for the Braun or Gourmet Grade ?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 4:00 pm
I could not find any reviews of this food processor. Whoever does take the plunge, please report back and let us know how well it works for you.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 7:33 pm
Maya wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

$119 for the Braun or Gourmet Grade ?

The braun is $99 the grade is $119 both on sale.

I am nervous about buying a brand I cannot find online anywhere! In fact when I searched google for it, this thread was the first thing that came up!

But I am guessing there must be something to it because they are selling it!

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 7:37 pm
Wow.
That's a great price for the Braun.
I just paid 110+ tax, and I saw that D & B has it for 140.

I would not go with the Gourmet Grade.
When I got married the Buzz salesman talked my mother into buying me a food processor for $60. He told her that it has the same exact kugel attachment as the Braun. My mother specifically asked him a few times, and he kept telling her it's the same thing.
Sure enough, after I got married and opened it, I saw that it clearly did NOT have the same attachment.
After arguing for a while, they let me exchange it for the Braun.

Waffles

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 7:46 pm
When the Buzz salesperson was pushing the Grade, he said there was a price drop & they are both $99.

Maya

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 7:55 pm
I paid $125 for my Braun.

girlzrus

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 8:04 pm
1) Of course the salesman is pushing the Grade. Its his brand!
2) The Braun is on sale for $99 in many stores in boro park ( don't know about elsewhere) I bought mine today @ plugins.
3) Although the Braun may not look it, I fit a 5lb. Bag of potatoes at a time.

yash

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 2:41 pm
While my husband was just happy for a reason NOT to buy something German, I was thrilled to come across the Gourmet Grade food processor because aside from the fact it can handle 14 cups (it seems the braun can only do 11), the gourmet grade also has a wider feed tube that can handle a whole potato at once, we go through potatoes during Pesach by the bushel and as nobody offers to help me peel & slice, the quicker I can get through it the better....also everyone seems to be raving about the Gourmet Grades kugel blade, the way it was told to me is that braun didnt design a kugel blade (well duh!) their food processors were discovered to have the best one...the Buzz hired product designers to understand what made the braun blade so good for kugel then had them improve on that and included it with the gourmet grade food processor. I wont know until yomtov if it outkugelblades the braun, but half a dozen or so friends & family who own Gourmet Grade swear by its kugel blade...so this pesach my husband will get kugel (hopefully) and country of origin that make him happy...and I'll get more potatoes processed faster...still wish we were going to Miami

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 11:24 pm
bedofroses wrote:
1) Of course the salesman is pushing the Grade. Its his brand!
2) The Braun is on sale for $99 in many stores in boro park ( don't know about elsewhere) I bought mine today @ plugins.
3) Although the Braun may not look it, I fit a 5lb. Bag of potatoes at a time.

My braun (ok it is old) but when I am up to the last couple of potatoes of a 5lb bag it starts coming out the top (I process the onion and 3 eggs first so that is in there too).

I like the idea of the gourmet simply because of its size. I have not found one other large processor out there that is so cheap.
I am debating it so much I do not know what to do. Especially since someone told me if I have kitchen aid for the rest of the year I should just buy the attachment for the rest of the year and a cheap processor for pesach. I hate big purchases!!!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 11:31 pm
I was in the Buzz today too! I saw the same thing with the guy pushing the Gourmet Grade (I was just passing by, not in the market for a food processor).

The prices on select items now are AMAZING. I picked up some items that I have been pushing off because they were practically half price. That's besides the point.

Back to the food processor. I tried to save as much as I could as a kallah and I bought a BRAND name food processor that I looked at reviews for online for about $60 majorly on sale and it was GARBAGE from the day I bought it. I paid full price (twice, first one broke when ds dropped it, long story) for the Braun because it was worth it!! Only food processor worth having IMHO.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:17 pm
So I went ahead and bought the gourmet grade.

The salesman (a friend of ours) was honest and told me the benefits of each.

I went ahead with it for a few reasons:
It was the same price as the braun, I have a braun now and I hate it.
It is more watt than the braun
It is a larger bowl than the braun

hopefully it will serve its purpose well. iy"h . I will try come back on here to post after I use it.

Last edited by chocolate chips on Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:33 pm
Do you mean the Gourmet Grade?

Did anybody buy the Gourmet Grade mixer?
I would love to hear reviews.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:33 pm
ChocChips: You meant to say you bought the Gourmet Grade, right?

Waffles

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 11:05 pm
Thanks everyone! I bought the Braun today.

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 12:30 am
Shloimi Ash who is on the Zev Brenner show now, has been singing the praises of the Gourmet Grade food processor for the last 1/2 hour or more, N O N S T O P .....talking about it as excitedly and passionately as if the wheel were just invented....something tells me its not moving that well.....making it seem that lots of people are in love with it...

I cant wait to hear from someone who DID buy one.

He cant understand why anyone would buy a Braun he says..... hee hee... hes talking out of two sides of his mouth...saying lots of people are buying Gourmet Grade, and then asking why anyone is buying Braun?

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:28 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
ChocChips: You meant to say you bought the Gourmet Grade, right?

YES!!!
OH my too much late nights cleaning...lol I totally didn't realize the mistake haha I bought the gourmet grade.
By the way even if it doesn't work, it looks fab Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars