Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Tape and residue cleanup

sped

Post Sat, Apr 14 2012, 8:21 pm
The person who lined my counters and cabinets must have had a hey-day with scotch tape. I am having a hard time peeling all of it off, and where the tape is off, there is a sticky residue left.
Any advice?

Happy18

Post Sat, Apr 14 2012, 8:24 pm
Try GooGone it works great on this type of thing.

de_goldy

Post Sat, Apr 14 2012, 8:55 pm
Another vote for goo gone. Afta is also good.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Apr 14 2012, 8:56 pm
Oops! works really well too.

If it's just masking tape and a little residue, alcohol should do it though.

paprika

Post Sat, Apr 14 2012, 9:05 pm
I know it won't help you for now, but for next year I would suggest that you buy the blue masking tape. Painters use that tape and it leaves no residue.

happy mom1

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 4:46 am
paprika wrote:
I know it won't help you for now, but for next year I would suggest that you buy the blue masking tape. Painters use that tape and it leaves no residue.

I second that. Painters tape works great. I've also used a water proof tape that didn't leave any residue.

sped

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 4:48 am
Thanks!

shalhevet

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 4:54 am
I just make sure never to tape paper to cupboards, shelves etc, just tape paper to another bit of the paper. (After I spent ages cleaning it off when I taped it to the wood/ formica).

myself

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 5:05 am
happy mom1 wrote:
paprika wrote:

I second that. Painters tape works great. I've also used a water proof tape that didn't leave any residue.

Painters generally use masking tape. I sell some of my cupboards over Pesach and therefore tape them shut. Since the masking tape comes off so easily I find that it doesn't stick on the cupboards long enough and therefore doesn't serve its purpose.

Nail Varnish Remover works a treat on sticky residues! ...Though its still annoying to have to run all over the house getting rid of stickiness... Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics