Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
New Square Shaul Spitzer gets 7 years jail!!!!!!!!!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

tweety1

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:13 am
What you didn't see was the video of the actual court hearing how the judge is freeing him. The judge reads a letter that rottenberg himself wrote 3 yrs ago that he got 3.5 million dollars as an apology, and the judge should please be lenient when sentencing him. To me this rottenberg is some screwed up guy. Why did he change his mind?! Was anybody standing with a gun to his head "you must write this letter or else..." Spitzer did not intend to kill him. He intended to burn his house down and it was act gone bad. Now don't get me wrong burning a house down is bad enough. But he was how old? He wasn't fully cooked yet. It was his stupidity playing and for that he served enough. He had 3 yrs to think abt it and to realize he did something terribly wrong. I'm telling you that he matured and worked on his middos in those 3 yrs a lot a lot more than any average 16 year old.

chaiz

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:15 am
tweety1 wrote:
What you didn't see was the video of the actual court hearing how the judge is freeing him. The judge reads a letter that rottenberg himself wrote 3 yrs ago that he got 3.5 million dollars as an apology, and the judge should please be lenient when sentencing him. To me this rottenberg is some screwed up guy. Why did he change his mind?! Was anybody standing with a gun to his head "you must write this letter or else..." Spitzer did not intend to kill him. He intended to burn his house down and it was act gone bad. Now don't get me wrong burning a house down is bad enough. But he was how old? He wasn't fully cooked yet. It was his stupidity playing and for that he served enough. He had 3 yrs to think abt it and to realize he did something terribly wrong. I'm telling you that he matured and worked on his middos in those 3 yrs a lot a lot more than any average 16 year old.

I cannot believe this post. But just to point out that according to Torah, including their community, he is an adult. Full stop. So age is not an excuse and it just so so so wrong to excuse this.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:30 am
The same way we expect that the 13 year old arab murderer/ terrorist be brought to justice I would expect the same for a Jew.
Someone who kills, or does something which almost kills, deserves to be punished and is dangerous to society regardless of their age.

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 7:04 am
He wasn't fully cooked?! If he wouldn't have gone to jail he'd have been married soon after, as most of his friends had likely been. So he's young enough to get youthful offender but "cooked" enough to get married? Such disgusting hypocrisy.

But why am I surprised? New Square, and all its political surroundings, is [removed]

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 8:20 am
Wow. Just pointing out that an 18 year trying to burn down a house with a sleeping family in it would be considered an act of war in many places. 18 year olds are adults, old enough to be soldiers, vote, marry in chassidish communities.

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 8:30 am
Makes me wonder if Spitzer would have gotten out early, despite any letter the judge might have read, and any money exchanged, had he almost killed and caused great' pain and damage to the Grand Rabbi of Square, even as a youthful offender! It might (ha Rolling Eyes ) have been a way different scene and reaction in the community. Don't you think? Do we really think the judge would have reacted the same? This is sort of strange. Something going on behind the scenes here, possibly.

In the eyes of the law, and in the hearts and minds of all of us, Mr. Rottenberg's life, wellbeing and pain, should be looked upon the same.

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 8:56 am
My consolation is that the people who told Spitzer to do this will answer to the True Judge after 120 years.

What a Chillul Hashem Sad

imasoftov

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:02 am
tweety1 wrote:

Did Spitzer give his own 3.5 million dollars? If not, I would not consider it "an apology" if one person harmed me but someone else gave me compensation. I might even consider it a bribe.

And how do you know he matured in these three years? Are you in touch with him?

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:05 am
imasoftov wrote:

And how do you know he matured in these three years? Are you in touch with him?

What do you mean? His lawyer even said so. Rolling Eyes

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:12 am
tweety1 wrote:

To me, anyone who thinks Rottenberg is screwed up, and the heilige perps (Spitzer and every single person!!!! who was involved or aware before the act) are less screwed up, is screwed up.

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:35 am
Has the Rebbe ever made a public statement on this, and warned people against acts of barbarism, such as what was done here, and told they will be punished harshly and ostracized?

If not, why?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:50 am
tweety1 wrote:

Do you have any teenagers? Do they know that it's wrong to set fire to someone else's home, because people can get hurt? I have two teens, and they certainly know that.

I'm glad he learned that what he did was terribly wrong. It's about time.

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:58 am
There's a video of men in Skver dancing and singing to celebrate his release. Doesn't seem like anyone learned that he did a wrong thing.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:01 am
I don't know the exact details of his case, but it's pretty standard for criminals to serve only half their sentence due to good behavior and then be let out on parole. Lol it doesn't matter if they regret what they did or not.

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:01 am
Mevater wrote:
Has the Rebbe ever made a public statement on this, and warned people against acts of barbarism, such as what was done here, and told they will be punished harshly and ostracized?

If not, why?

All questions are answered when we recognize that these people view their rebbe in the exact same way that we view the actual God of the world. Does God apologize ?

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:09 am
gp2.0 wrote:
I don't know the exact details of his case, but it's pretty standard for criminals to serve only half their sentence due to good behavior and then be let out on parole. Lol it doesn't matter if they regret what they did or not.

This is about reversal of the sentence to youthful offender status.

sourstix

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:21 am
everyone knows that skvere is a skrewed up place. I wouldnt even go visit that place. its nauseous to see people behave this way. its sad that the rebbe can behave in such a despicable way. I would say some choice words here on him but I gotta keep my tongue. I hope he pays dearly for the way he behaves. I hope hope he pays dearly cause he is the leader there and if he wouldnt allow this it wouldnt happen. ok I dont understand why he doesnt do something. I will tell you why. because he doesnt care. if he would things would look different. the whole shita there is screwed up. dh met a svere guy back in brookly in a sporty black car that most chasidish people wouldnt drive its a very sporty looking type. speaking aa chasidish yiddish and looking totally otd. dh asks him how he knows such good yiddish and he siad oh I once was frum. from where? skvere. as the conversation continues he says he believes in the rebbe but not in g-d. that is how they grow up there. listen I am chasidish and never was I taught that the rebbe is g-d. period. their whole way of raising and thinking is totally skrewed up. its sad that they are misinterpeting torah. its sadder that people dont realize it. I wouldnt go near a skvere shidduch with a tenfoot pole. I dont care who you are and where you live if you are skvere its not a discussion. find the other side of the door. btw skvere has the highest rate of otd kids then anywhere else by chasidish people.

sneakermom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:24 am
This guy was definitely manipulated. He was just a tool in the hand of the grand rebbe.

That does not excuse his crime. But it helps us understand motivation.

This guys motivation was to please the Rabbi. He probably would have jumped out of a window if the Rabbi told him too.

The fact that skverre is singing and dancing bothers me more than his reduced sentence.

Evil.

yidishmamma

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:24 am
I think there is no point in discussing this more besides loshon hora!

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:26 am
Maya wrote:
All questions are answered when we recognize that these people view their rebbe in the exact same way that we view the actual God of the world. Does God apologize ?

Im not questioning whether there was an apology (thats asking for a Rebbe to do what Rebbes dont do, OY, thats another thread for itself, that may not be allowed here....), Im asking if the Rebbe has at least sent out a loud and clear message to all followers, that barbarism will not be tolerated by HIM.

Im wondering how the Rebbes and Chassidim are reacting to similar situations that displease them, now, in the present. Im wondering what heir current approach to punishing "bad behavior" is.
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics