Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Unvaccinated- Sad stories of kids getting sick
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:23 pm
These stories are heartbreaking- what happened to kids when they weren't vaccinated.
http://shotbyshot.org
click on story gallery

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:47 pm
I once read an article written by Dr Indich, a pediatrician in Lakewood. He said that he had a patient - a little boy who passed away from the whooping cough, a few days after his bris. In the video of the bris, they saw a young boy from the shul standing inches away from the child, whooping. The boy was from a family that did not vaccinate.

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:48 pm
Should we also post what happens to kids who have a reaction to the vaccines?

I guess I should've taken a picture of my grey and lifeless baby, who B"H responded to the mouth to mouth that I gave her, and came back to me.

And should I tell you about the subsequent denial by the medical community to that reaction?

FTR, I did eventually, years later, complete her vaccinations, but we did it in small doses, when she was older and thus bigger.

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:50 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I once read an article written by Dr Indich, a pediatrician in Lakewood. He said that he had a patient - a little boy who passed away from the whooping cough, a few days after his bris. In the video of the bris, they saw a young boy from the shul standing inches away from the child, whooping. The boy was from a family that did not vaccinate.

Are babies at one week old given vaccines for whooping cough? I believe not. The first vaccine is at three months, unless I am mistaken.

vicki

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:55 pm
chani8 wrote:
Chayalle wrote:

Are babies at one week old given vaccines for whooping cough? I believe not. The first vaccine is at three months, unless I am mistaken.

No, one week old babies are not, but "young boys from the shul standing inches away from the child, whooping" are.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:15 pm
chani8 wrote:
Chayalle wrote:

the point being that the boy who gave it to him had not been vaccinated. Had he been vaccinated, he likely wouldn't have given it to the newborn.

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:18 pm
What sort of person brings a sick kid to a bris???? even the common cold can turn into rsv in a tiny infant.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:26 pm
Narrow minded = people only believing and knowing what they see and what is fed to them, they don't have a broader view on things, and don't bother to be more educated!

Its unbelievable how narrow minded people are, believing in only the medical field! No one has the right to say anything against not being vaccinated or anything in the medical field, for that matter, before being educated in the non-medical field, and learning the truth!

People can NOT just decide not to vaccinate cause its unhealthy (which if only u would know how) they have to make sure the body is healthy enough to NOT to get those illnesses! Hashem made A persons body to be able to fight illness, and if it can't, there's a problem! Giving kids vaccines does NOT accomplish that! What we have in our foods and air now a days is "poisoning" our kids, all those junk foods, preservatives....etc... ! by not giving them the vitamins and nutrients they need, their bodys immunity is so low they can't fight illness, we need to strengthen their immunity, by giving them what they're missing! If people would be so on top of their health, the natural way, they wouldn't need those vaccines, AND won't get sick, be"h!

Bottom line: learn your facts before believing those dr's who don't know anything more than they have learned in their books! Dr's are made to treat an illness when its here, (that's all they know how to do) staying healthy is our obligation! And remember THEY will never be able to "get rid" of illness!

farm

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:28 pm
amother wrote:
Narrow minded = people only believing and knowing what they see and what is fed to them, they don't have a broader view on things, and don't bother to be more educated!

Its unbelievable how narrow minded people are, believing in only the medical field! No one has the right to say anything against not being vaccinated or anything in the medical field, for that matter, before being educated in the non-medical field, and learning the truth!

People can NOT just decide not to vaccinate cause its unhealthy (which if only u would know how) they have to make sure the body is healthy enough to NOT to get those illnesses! Hashem made A persons body to be able to fight illness, and if it can't, there's a problem! Giving kids vaccines does NOT accomplish that! What we have in our foods and air now a days is "poisoning" our kids, all those junk foods, preservatives....etc... ! by not giving them the vitamins and nutrients they need, their bodys immunity is so low they can't fight illness, we need to strengthen their immunity, by giving them what they're missing! If people would be so on top of their health, the natural way, they wouldn't need those vaccines, AND won't get sick, be"h!

Bottom line: learn your facts before believing those dr's who don't know anything more than they have learned in their books! Dr's are made to treat an illness when its here, (that's all they know how to do) staying healthy is our obligation! And remember THEY will never be able to "get rid" of illness!

So if our kids eat enough carrots they are protected from polio? Who exactly is the uneducated one?

lilacdreams

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:30 pm
hmm and then I could send you a picture of the excrutiatingly painful case of shingles my 7 yo daughter got bc of an indirect reaction to the varicella vax plus the subsequent Postherpetic neuralgia that developed after the shingles. For some people, shingles pain continues long after the blisters have cleared. This condition is known as postherpetic neuralgia, and it occurs when damaged nerve fibers send confused and exaggerated messages of pain from your skin to your brain. It took approx a year to all go away completely, although now 7 years later she still has the odd twinge of pain there. All from the chicken pox vax.

Barbara

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:43 pm
amother wrote:

Actually, many of us are educated -- and able to write a coherent sentence in the English language -- and believe in the efficacy of vaccines.

But please, feel free to further educate me. Provide me with studies demonstrating that small pox or polio can be treated, or better yet eradicated through better nutrition. Or perhaps you can provide studies on cancer remission in patients who take vitamins.

Explain to me why so many anti-vaccination proponents have "chicken pox parties" to purposely expose their children to the disease. Why bother if good nutrition will ensure that they will never develop the disease.

Better yet, conduct an experiment. Purposely inject yourself with the HIV virus. Then come back in about 2 years and let us know how your nutritionally sound, vitamin-full diet is handling the disease.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:47 pm
farm wrote:
amother wrote:

So if our kids eat enough carrots they are protected from polio? Who exactly is the uneducated one?

Just shows me how unbelievably DUMB you are!

You seriously believe the dr's are the ones who are gonna prevent illness?! U truly believe that if every single person in the world was vaccinated there would be no more illness?! Do you know, that for every illness the dr's find a cure, there's a new illness on the horizon R"l?!? If hashem wouldn't want illness, he wouldn't make illness! We do our hishtadlus by keeping our bodys HEALTHY! Vaccines aren't healthy!

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:47 pm
lilacdreams wrote:
hmm and then I could send you a picture of the excrutiatingly painful case of shingles my 7 yo daughter got bc of an indirect reaction to the varicella vax plus the subsequent Postherpetic neuralgia that developed after the shingles. For some people, shingles pain continues long after the blisters have cleared. This condition is known as postherpetic neuralgia, and it occurs when damaged nerve fibers send confused and exaggerated messages of pain from your skin to your brain. All from the chicken pox vax.

OTOH, I had a similar experience from the chicken pox itself, which I got as an adult. And years later got shingles. And years later under stress, had shingle like symptoms without the skin rash.

But vaccines are no simple matter. And not giving is no simple matter either. I think we should all agree on this. And ulitimately, G-d runs the world. We make our choices, and we have to live with them.

Giving the vaccine doesn't gaurantee that that vaccine will work. There have been many situations where there were outbreaks in communities that did vaccinate, but apparently the vaccine wasn't effective.

And not giving vaccines does not mean a child will get the disease. Personally, I just wasn't willing to take the risk, and by ordering the vaccines a special way and giving only one at a time, and homeopathics with it to lesson the side effects, I felt better about it.

I didn't start vaccinating my last child until he was three, and then we did the safest possible way, nearly one at a time. It was more of a hassle, but felt safer. The tipat chalav nurse was kind and patient and understanding. She had to be, because it was either do it my way, or I wasn't going to do it.

ally

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:50 pm
amother wrote:

Except that when people were dying of these illnesses, there were not eating highly processed foods. Not everyone's body was made to fight illnesses. That's why people die before 120.

If you don't want to vaccinate becuase you think the risks are too high, its your perogative. But at least acknowledge that the reason your kids might not catch the disease is because of herd immunity, not because they have a super special diet.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:52 pm
amother wrote:
farm wrote:
amother wrote:

You seriously believe the dr's are the ones who are gonna prevent illness?! U truly believe that if every single person in the world was vaccinated there would be no more illness?! Do you know, that for every illness the dr's find a cure, there's a new illness on the horizon R"l?!? If hashem wouldn't want illness, he wouldn't make illness! We do our hishtadlus by keeping our bodys HEALTHY! Vaccines aren't healthy!
You are a very scary person.

Barbara

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:53 pm
lilacdreams wrote:
hmm and then I could send you a picture of the excrutiatingly painful case of shingles my 7 yo daughter got bc of an indirect reaction to the varicella vax plus the subsequent Postherpetic neuralgia that developed after the shingles. For some people, shingles pain continues long after the blisters have cleared. This condition is known as postherpetic neuralgia, and it occurs when damaged nerve fibers send confused and exaggerated messages of pain from your skin to your brain. It took approx a year to all go away completely, although now 7 years later she still has the odd twinge of pain there. All from the chicken pox vax.

Only a fool would tell you that there are no terrible or even tragic vaccine reactions. I'm no fool.

The question, of course, is whether the risks of such reactions across society are (greatly) outweighed by the benefits. The weighing must be across society, because each of us would certainly like to eliminate all risks for our own children, while maintaining societal benefits of others taking those risks.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 4:57 pm
amother wrote:

So according to your theory before there was so much pollution, junk food etc., let's say 500 years ago, everyone lived to a ripe old age and no children died of illnesses such as smallpox, whooping cough, measles and scarlet fever.

Although I believe in vaccinating, and I believe mass vaccination has saved millions of lives, I can listen to some of the anti-vaccinators here because they provide a thought-out different POV. I am not surprised you are anon, because nothing you say makes sense or is shown to be true by history. My FIL's sister was exclusively nursed and she died of whooping cough, so what other immunity or better food was her mother supposed to have been giving her?

Hashem also gave people the wisdom to produce vaccines and save lives.

chanahlady

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 5:00 pm
Clarissa wrote:
amother wrote:
farm wrote:
amother wrote:

You are a very scary person.

Clarissa, that was exactly my thought, in exactly those words.

ETA: One word: SMALLPOX. Read up.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 5:03 pm
I just don't understand. There are 1 in a 1000 reaction to anything. I might get really sick from eating a kiwi...doesn't mean my dh or my sister or my friends cousins child will!

Do people who do not vaccinate (at all, Im not talking in smaller than recommended doses) not take paracetamol or give their kids motrin when they are not well because it says on the back that possible side effects can be diarrhea or liver problems?
One child got liver problems from motrin so they write it on the box doesn't stop you from giving it to your child!
One person got a side effect from the vaccination doesn't mean your child will...what if your child will be the one to die from NOT getting the vaccine?
YOu just cannot tell.
Some things you have to trust the dr (who DO know some things!) and daven as we do everyday that we should live!

ETA: To the amother who claims we have to do hishtadlus and NOT vaccinate, well hishtadlus is trusting dr, trusting our instincts and vaccinating, they were not created for nothing!

Last edited by chocolate chips on Wed, Apr 18 2012, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clarissa

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 5:07 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
I just don't understand. There are 1 in a 1000 reaction to anything. I might get really sick from eating a kiwi...doesn't mean my dh or my sister or my friends cousins child will!
amother also doesn't eat kiwis. And you're just DUMB. You think Hashem gave us kiwis for eating? Those little furry things?!
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics