Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
NEWBORN SCREENING TEST

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 10:07 pm
I had a baby a few weeks ago.... The results of the screening tests came back abnormal. I went to the doctor to take blood again, ..... I am a little nervous and dont know what to expect. I will be getting results in the next few days. So mothers with such an experience please let me know how it turned out to be....

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 11:22 pm
I hope you get good news only!!! Sometimes the results end up being not accurate the first time they test.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 6:44 am
My first child also had abnormal results. They told me she might have cystic fibrosis. I was petrified.

It turns out that many babies have abnormal results, and only a tiny percentage actually have cystic fibrosis. We went for a sweat test and it was negative, B"H. My dd is totally fine. (She's 7.)

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 12:08 pm
I just had to do this today and the nurse at the doctor's office said that if they do the test too early in the hospital-even an hour before the correct time, then it has a big chance of coming back with abnormal results. Nothing to worry about, its almost always fine. I

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
My first child also had abnormal results. They told me she might have cystic fibrosis. I was petrified.

It turns out that many babies have abnormal results, and only a tiny percentage actually have cystic fibrosis. We went for a sweat test and it was negative, B"H. My dd is totally fine. (She's 7.)

They picked up the gene of cystic fibrosis. That mean she can be a carrier or have that disease. If you did genetic testing and you're compatable with your spouse then there is a very very very slight chance that the child has it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics