Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The King of Queens

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 3:40 am
I have been watching this series lately, never having watched it before, and I wanted to know from any of you who watched it, did you find the marriage dynamic between the husband and wife on the show to be a bit off? There was almost always arguing in every single episode? And the wife yelling a LOT at the husband and sort of giving him orders. It just seems like if they were a real life couple they would be headed for a divorce. I have not gotten to the end of the series so I dont know, maybe they do, but it just disturbs me.

Anyone else? Or am I the weird one here?

grace413

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 4:15 am
I've seen most of the series and I get what you mean. Let's face it, regular boring life doesn't make for an interesting sitcom. If it's a family sitcom with kids then frequently the parents are lovely dovey and the conflict is with the kids.

The show has it's moments - and no they don't get divorced and it has a good ending. It's sort of like she's smart and tough and he's well meaning but bumbling.

Actually, a lot of couples do live like that.

Factory Girl

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 3:56 pm
I lovee doug!!!lol

most of the tv couples in american tv consist of a "regular guy who tends to be on the heavier side, with a good lookin wife who tends to yell at him for his shananigans" ( the honeymooners, the simpsons,etc)

the show ends nicely:)

mirror

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 6:11 pm
If they were real life, I would say he has low self-esteem issues and that's why he takes it.

rb

Post Wed, Jul 04 2012, 6:06 pm
I LOVE King of Queens!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics