Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Nose
1  2  Next

ny21

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:17 pm
I have heard of girls as young as 16 getting a nose job?
I

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Sep 11 2013, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mishie

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:20 pm
Hey! MomofTwins - Where have you been? We missed you!!!

ny21

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:23 pm
I was away on Vacation !

now I need a vacation from my vacation.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:36 pm
I "planned" on getting a nose job for years. Bad noses run in my family and my sister had a nose job at 16 or 17. I decided to wait until I was in the shidduch parsha to see how things went. Well, lo and behold, I found my bashert before there was even a chance for me to do the nose job. He's fine with my nose and now so am I!

ny21

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:38 pm
nose jobs

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Sep 11 2013, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:41 pm
momoftwins wrote:
I have heard of girls as young as 16 getting a nose job?

Too young. I find it crazy to have a nose job even before you have stopped growing and changing!!

I wouldn't encourage anyone to have a nose job anyway, unless she had her nose broken or if there was really a problem (not just a big nose, or one with a bump).

Mevater

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
I "planned" on getting a nose job for years. Bad noses run in my family and my sister had a nose job at 16 or 17. I decided to wait until I was in the shidduch parsha to see how things went. Well, lo and behold, I found my bashert before there was even a chance for me to do the nose job. He's fine with my nose and now so am I!

That's cute.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 2:42 pm
It's up to a dr, not our board....at age 16 perhaps the nose has finished growing!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 3:25 pm
Momoftwins - pls change the title of the thread to "too" young.

You didn't use the right to (too, two .......)

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 3:26 pm
When I was in HS, I came to school on the first day of 12th grade to find a classmate with a different nose than I remembered from the last day of 11th grade.

mumof1

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 4:31 pm
2 of my best friends had such awful noses it made them look ugly, they both got nose jobs in high school and all of a sudden had so much confidence and looked great.
I dont think 16 is too young and I do think that if someone is going to get one the sooner the better, cuz they will feel so much better when they do Smile

amother

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 4:38 pm
I know someone who had a nose job in her fifties. You would think htat after living with a nose as long as that (note the double-meaning 8) ), she would be used to it. Confused

Anyways, I suppose that as the saying goes, "Nobody knows my nose like I knows my nose". LOL

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 4:41 pm
mumof1, I agree. I always hated my nose and felt so self conscious of it. I think that if I'd been able to get a nose job I would've had higher self-esteem and felt better about my appearance. . . however, I was never able to get one, and nowadays I don't care as much.

However, if someone offered me a free nose job with a top plastic surgeon, I wouldn't turn it down!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 10:39 am
I have THE worst nose. Thanks to my father. Not only is it big, but has very narrow nasal passages & I get a lot of colds & have a hard time breathing through my nose.

My mother said she would have gotten me a nose job when I was about 16/17 or so but I was scared it wouldn't turn out well. Also, I wiuldn't have wanted to leave the house with the bandages on & at that time I couldn't afford to be home.

DH married me anyway & we've discussed it. Obviously he doesn't mind, he married me like this but he says he'll pay for it if I want one.

BH, my kids show no signs of inheriting it so far.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 10:52 am
I happen to like my nose, there's evena story in our family on where it comes from.

My Grandmother and grandfather OBM were dating.. He tried to kiss her and she bit him on the nose. Now we all have a bump. LOL

amother

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 10:53 am
I've had a nose job. I don't regret it. It was no big deal- very short hospital stay- I think it was one night.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 10:55 am
DH says he likes my none too small nose. It's part of being Jewish!

ny21

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 8:16 pm
Exclamation Exclamation

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Sep 11 2013, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

ny21

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 8:27 pm
Idea

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Sep 11 2013, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

redhot

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 8:34 pm
mumof1 wrote:
2 of my best friends had such awful noses it made them look ugly, they both got nose jobs in high school and all of a sudden had so much confidence and looked great.
I dont think 16 is too young and I do think that if someone is going to get one the sooner the better, cuz they will feel so much better when they do Smile

I agree completely. a very large # of girls from my hs class had nose jobs in 11nth and 12th grade. Most of them went from plain to very attractive. I think a large part of it was the actual nose appearance and just as much was their improved self confidence.

and chocolate moose- a large nose is NOT part of being jewish. you just played on an antisemitic stereotype Exploding anger
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children