Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone else with a son have...

Did your baby boys private part ever invert itself into his body?
Yes  
 38%  [ 24 ]
No  
 61%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 62

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:39 am
Im just trying to get a rating of how common this is..

My 5 month old son has an introverted aiver most of the time. It buries itself into his body. When I spoke to his pediatrician the Dr. said its nothing to worry about and that he just has a fat pad near that area. Im just wondering if the daycare I send him to think its shocking every time they change his diaper, or if it is fairly common, and that they have most probably seen this before.

So, for all of you with sons, did you ever experience this with them?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:43 am
My son's almost 5 and it's always "hidden".

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:00 am
My 9 month old is the same

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:02 am
My son has this issue-he's 3. Our pediatrician also mentioned a pad of fat around the area and said that as he grows his body would change to look more "normal," but assured us that everything is functional and actually it is quite normal. I have to admit that, even with that information, I still worry in the back of my mind.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:04 pm
My 3 boys have all had this fat pad and shrunken p3nis thing to varying degrees. What's weird was that before they had their bris, it looked totally normal lengthwise. Only after the bris did it "recess". With my 3rd it was completely hidden, the other 2 only had theirs partially hidden. BTW, by age 1.5 it had resolved with all 3 of them.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:16 pm
A 2 1/2 year boy that I babysit for has it inverted all of the time (or at least every time I change him). He's a pretty chubby kid.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
My son has this issue-he's 3. Our pediatrician also mentioned a pad of fat around the area and said that as he grows his body would change to look more "normal," but assured us that everything is functional and actually it is quite normal. I have to admit that, even with that information, I still worry in the back of my mind.

Same here, my doctor told me it was nothing to worry about it but of course a part of me still worries, that's what mothers do. I was changing his diaper once at a friend and she noticed and said her son's private part is the same and she's so nervous about it. She was happy to here that it's normal.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:13 pm
Only one of my 3 boys have it. But he's 5 now and still has it.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:14 pm
Overweight grown men have it to some degree, too. My dh is a doc....

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
Overweight grown men have it to some degree, too. My dh is a doc....

My dh had this until he lost 100 lbs. it's definitely a weight thing (I wouldn't worry about it... e/th was more than fine!)

my 3 yr. old is a buster, and he has the same thing.....

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:31 pm
OP.

I am so relieved to see that other moms have experienced this too. Even when I spoke to the Dr. and he told me it is normal and not to worry, there is still a part of me wondering if its really common or if my DS is one of the rare boys that this happens to. He is pretty chunky so it makes sense. Its just something that I am self conscious about - - I always wonder what his babysitter or daycare lady are thinking when they change him.. Please keep responding ands voting. It is comforting to see. Thank you!

chefmommy

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 8:42 pm
my 6 and 9 yr old still have it

abmom

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:01 pm
My baby had it till about 12 months. I was very worried especially cuz the hole was also covered and I was afraid he can't pee or that it'll get infected when he pees. My doc said it's nothing. He said he probably just has a very small thing... But I still worried so I punched it out every time I changed his pamper, and I put plenty powder. B"h he outgrew it.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:02 pm
My 7 month old has it

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:41 am
One of my two boys had this.

He grew out of it at some point, I think towards the end of his first year.

I was also nervous, no matter what the doctor said. My dh was even more nervous, and kept on telling me to ask the dr again and again. But I guess it was fine.

I will say, though, that I always made it come out during diaper changes so that I could wipe it well. At one point I didn't for a while because I thought it was silly, and there was this gross buildup there.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 9:47 am
Op:

I just came home from a well visit with my son and the Dr. assured me that everything is fine and that he just has a lot of fat down there. He pushed it out fully, and showed me that the size was completely normal and that he is just a chunky kid. We Mammas worry, but BH its completely normal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics