Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How much you pay for cleaning lady?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:23 pm
I'm in brooklyn and looking for a cleaning lady, I called a few agencies and they told me the going rate is $10 an hour for spanish ladies. I think is high especially when there is less jobs available...
So I was wondering what other ppl pay

d l

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:40 pm
I'm in Brooklyn.
$10 hr

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:41 pm
I'm oot but that's the cheapest you'll find here. If you're lucky!

yksraya

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:44 pm
$10 is the price in my area too.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:46 pm
same here.

Tova

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:57 pm
I pay per job, not per hour. I leave a check for my cleaning lady for $40, $45 or $50. Depending on what a state my house is in and it's understood that the higher amount means I recognize more effort is needed. This is not rock bottom price but it's worth it to me to have an English speaking helper that I can communicate great with and who takes initiative. She also buys cleaning supplies to restock what we need (ie - buys for us; leaves it in our closet) and refuses when we try to reimburse her for it. We have a great friendly relationship - she's even bought me baby gifts when my kids were born. So it's worth it to me to pay the price.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:58 pm
Tova wrote:
I pay per job, not per hour. I leave a check for my cleaning lady for $40, $45 or $50. Depending on what a state my house is in and it's understood that the higher amount means I recognize more effort is needed. This is not rock bottom price but it's worth it to me to have an English speaking helper that I can communicate great with and who takes initiative. She also buys cleaning supplies to restock what we need (ie - buys for us; leaves it in our closet) and refuses when we try to reimburse her for it. We have a great friendly relationship - she's even bought me baby gifts when my kids were born. So it's worth it to me to pay the price.

about how many hours are these jobs for?

morah

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:01 pm
$10/hr is the cheapest you'll get in NY, and that is getting harder and harder to come by. $12/hr is becoming more standard.

Ritty

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:08 pm
$10 bucks for me too...In brooklyn as well.

I just gave up a cleaning lady because the agency started charging an extra dollar for each hour that she worked...so consider it cheap if they only charge u $10.

Happy 2B

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:38 pm
Brooklyn, $10

Tova

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:46 pm
Fabulous - I think she spends about 3 hours here; maybe up to 3.5. I'm usually not home so I don't know for sure but to me she's worth every penny.

neverbored

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:50 pm
BP $10 per hour. I will cringe when they will ask me for more. I think its expensive as is.

Simple1

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:51 pm
I'm paying 8 in Lakewood - I really end up giving her 25 for just under 3 hours. But I'm pretty sure there are ladies here who pay more.

minnie mouse

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:55 pm
$10 an hr. for a spanish lady. I'm in bp as well. That is the going rate for a couple of years already.

nyer1

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 10:59 pm
we're in manhattan and I still refuse to may more than 10, and that's what we have. if she asked for more, as much as I like her, I would probably find someone else instead

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 11:25 pm
I think paying per job is a nice idea because in my experience a lot of people work much too slowly knowing they're paid by the hour. However it's hard to fairly standardize how much a job is worth...

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 11:50 pm
$10 is the average in NY.

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 12:14 am
Simple1 wrote:
I'm paying 8 in Lakewood - I really end up giving her 25 for just under 3 hours. But I'm pretty sure there are ladies here who pay more.

Where did you get someone for $8?

ruth

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 12:53 am
amother wrote:
I'm in brooklyn and looking for a cleaning lady, I called a few agencies and they told me the going rate is $10 an hour for spanish ladies. I think is high especially when there is less jobs available...
So I was wondering what other ppl pay

can you live off of $1,600/month in Brooklyn? that's how much a person would be making if working a 40 hour week at $10/hour. For a family of one, the 175% Federal Poverty Level per month is $1690.00. For a family of four this is below poverty level.

btw, where I live $10.00 is standard for housekeepers that are working hourly and not live-in.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:04 am
Its kind of ironic that cleaning is the one job that pays almost the same in E"Y as in US (since most other jobs pay much less). Here you can get 35-40 nis per hour for cleaning while the average office job may only pay 28-30 nis per hour.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics