Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How much you pay for cleaning lady?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Liba

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:09 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Its kind of ironic that cleaning is the one job that pays almost the same in E"Y as in US (since most other jobs pay much less). Here you can get 35-40 nis per hour for cleaning while the average office job may only pay 28-30 nis per hour.

It is 40-50nis an hour where I am... 40 for light house keeping and some foreign workers, 50 for heavy cleaning especially if it is an Israeli doing it. Smile

sarahd

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:13 am
I was paying almost $19/hr, which was considered very cheap. She just went up to $22, which is the going rate.

Who wants to move here and become a cleaning lady?

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:17 am
I pay $13 an hour, plus bus fare. Some cleaners ask more, but my current one is cheaper since she speaks no english whatsoever.

m in Israel

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:22 am
In my area it is 45 nis plus transportation. Where I used to live in the U.S. I payed $12.

kb

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:29 am
And when I need cleaning help, I pay a high school kid 15 shekel an hour to babysit my kids out of my house, and I do it all myself without any kids underfoot - much cheaper, and I get everything done the way I want it!

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:34 am
kb wrote:
And when I need cleaning help, I pay a high school kid 15 shekel an hour to babysit my kids out of my house, and I do it all myself without any kids underfoot - much cheaper, and I get everything done the way I want it!

babysitters here cost as much as cleaning ladies. And I am usually doing other stuff while my cleaner is here - homework, making supper.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:57 am
I pay 5 eu an hour for a foreign worker which is cheap, she does my babysitting when I need her and ill always come home to a clean house. Cleaning ladies from this country take 8eu.

chani8

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 7:47 am
I pay 45-50 shekels and I'm still disappointed, but I need her and her work is sometimes better than nothing.

6coop

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 7:58 am
$10 an hour is also the going rate here. I've lived in a couple of places in NY and that was always the beginning rate. I don't think you'll find less.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:00 am
neverbored wrote:
BP $10 per hour. I will cringe when they will ask me for more. I think its expensive as is.

Really? $10 an hour is expensive?
It's hard work.

If you can't afford it don't get a cleaning lady.

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:33 am
Liba wrote:
notshanarishona wrote:
Its kind of ironic that cleaning is the one job that pays almost the same in E"Y as in US (since most other jobs pay much less). Here you can get 35-40 nis per hour for cleaning while the average office job may only pay 28-30 nis per hour.

It is 40-50nis an hour where I am... 40 for light house keeping and some foreign workers, 50 for heavy cleaning especially if it is an Israeli doing it. Smile

And this is why my house is dirty... lol.

baba

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:51 am
sarahd wrote:
I was paying almost $19/hr, which was considered very cheap. She just went up to $22, which is the going rate.

Who wants to move here and become a cleaning lady?

Wait, woah, stop, where are you getting yours from? Everyone I askes pays $33

Simple1

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:58 am
MyKidsRQte wrote:
Simple1 wrote:
I'm paying 8 in Lakewood - I really end up giving her 25 for just under 3 hours. But I'm pretty sure there are ladies here who pay more.

Where did you get someone for $8?

from a neighbor. Maybe price here depends on demand and the "better" cleaning ladies ask for more? I'm not sure.

Zipzip92

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 9:02 am
£5!

Maya

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 9:23 am
$10 in Monsey, plus taxi both ways.

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 9:36 am
50 shekel an hour. Comes out to about $13.50.

ElTam

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 9:42 am
I pay $12 OOT. Remember if you are paying $10 to an agency, the cleaning lady isn't seeing all of that. The agency takes a big cut. I did temp work in offices during college and my agency took about 40% of what the client paid.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:20 am
$10 in lakewood. my experience here is that many start at$8 but within a few months go to $9 and eventually $10. Also if you get from any of the 'agencies', they start (and stay) at $10

willow

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:04 am
Liba wrote:
notshanarishona wrote:

I also wonder about that!

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:17 am
im in brooklyn and I pay $10 for a polish lady with understandable English.

BTW, most cleaning help do this as a side job. I know my cleaning lady has a family. her husband works. and she does this as a side job. she comes early morning and leaves 2:30 latest (on Friday 3:30) to be home when her kids come come home from school. her mother lives with her and she sends her 2 kids off to school.
she's quick, neat, clean and considerate. like when her kids where sick she sent her mother or a friend instead cuz she knew we (my mom and me) where counting on her... she comes to my house once a week for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. so I usually send her along w/a little goody for her kids and an extra 2 dollars. its totally worth it as she comes on time and does a really good job cuz she feels appreciated.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics