Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Mamas and papas
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 4:28 pm
anyone have this carriage? which version?

any info you can share, much appreciated.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:32 pm
Not the op, I was looking into the mamas and papas solo and I heard very good stuff about it.

db815

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:36 pm
I have the urbo and I am very happy with it. Its a great stroller, looks nice too, but the best thing is it is soooo lightweight!! I needed something that wouldnt be a whole "to do" in and out of the car and this is amazing, its light as a feather, seriously! They also have the attachment for the graco which I used a ton...staight from the car, just snap it on. I highly recommend it.

yidishmamma

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 7:51 pm
I have the urbo too. I love it but It doesn't hve the shocks on the wheels and baby feels every little bump

monkey

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 9:05 pm
I have the urbo and love it!!

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 9:54 pm
The urbo and the sola are very good strollers. The baskets are not too big but they are lightweight and easy to push HOWEVER! They are strollers. Not carriages like the bugaboo, uppa baby, etc. So the wheels are thin wheels which means the baby feels everything.
They fold easily but they also look (and to some, feel) flimsier than a carriage.

In the UK mamas and papas have a very very good name. They sell maclaren like strollers which are great but personally I did not like the urbo, sola or mylo when I tried them out.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 9:32 am
op here, does the mama papa carriage have some sort of brand name ring? I like the look of it. its similar to the bugaboo but not so typical as the bugaboo - and thats the part that appeals to me so much.
I want something cool and sleek, high end but not so popular.
moms who love their mama/papa carriage? do you find your baby is bothered by the bumpy ride? is it really that bad? and is there any option of wheels to make it smoother?

db815

Post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 9:54 am
amother wrote:
op here, does the mama papa carriage have some sort of brand name ring? I like the look of it. its similar to the bugaboo but not so typical as the bugaboo - and thats the part that appeals to me so much.
I want something cool and sleek, high end but not so popular.
moms who love their mama/papa carriage? do you find your baby is bothered by the bumpy ride? is it really that bad? and is there any option of wheels to make it smoother?

I, the same as you- I also liked that the look is similar to the bugaboo but it isnt soo popular- and its an amazing stroller, thats what really counts! I do not find it bumpy at all, just the opposite, pushing it is smooth and it just "glides". My baby never had a problem with it, and Ive been using it since shes born. I get compliments on it everywhere I go. True, the basket isnt HUGE, but definitely enough for me, and Ive gone to the mall shopping with quite a few bags underneath. Any other questions feel free to ask. Its a great stroller.

glamourmom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 10:49 am
thanks db, im glad to hear your opinion as I really like this carriage.
so which model do you have? when did you buy it?

db815

Post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 11:10 am
glamourmom wrote:
thanks db, im glad to hear your opinion as I really like this carriage.
so which model do you have? when did you buy it?

Np:) I have the urbo, I bought it almost exactly one year ago...not sure exactly what the model is called, I can check for you though. It also came in a few nice colors, though I just ended up getting black bec it is more practical, you know? I would say the #1 thing that makes this stroller unique is how light and easy it is to just "snap together", and it still has that sleek look

glamourmom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 11:18 am
db, just some more questions: what age kid does this accomodate? does it have a basinet feature? I want my kid to be as comfy and cozy at every stage while using the carriage.

db815

Post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 1:02 pm
glamourmom wrote:
db, just some more questions: what age kid does this accomodate? does it have a basinet feature? I want my kid to be as comfy and cozy at every stage while using the carriage.

Yes, deff has a basniet, as an extra feature. I wanted it, but in the end I didnt get it because I got the graco attachment (which the place I baught the stroller from threw in for free), which is soo easy to put on, and used that when my baby was a newborn. It was amaazing, like a "fancy" snap n go- fromt he car just snap on. People always used to ask me where I got it from. Technically, if you dont buy either bassinet or graco attachment, a newborn can still lay down flat comfortabally in the actual stroller attachemnt, facing you (you can turn it around once the baby is older to face the other way), but I only started using that after like 3 or 4 months, bec I felt the baby was just too small for such a big mushy comfy seat. I would deff reccomend getting either the bassinet or the graco attachment(if you have a graco infant seat). Then, as the baby gets older, use the seat, facing either way, and it is yummy, and comfy and sooo easy. Does that help?

glamourmom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 11:28 am
thanks again. very helpful. I think I have finally made up my mind... I like the look of it and from your reviews it sounds wonderful.

just wondering where I could get the best price? online? in store? jewish? non jewish?

MGmom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 12:13 pm
I have the urbo and it'll be two years now from when I first got it and I think I was first from many in my community. I didn't get the bassinet attachment since it goes into a total laying flat position and it has a big pretty hood making it look so fine. I love the versatility of it and was never bothered by the bumps. and I live in the city... I never had a travel stroller and this goes in n out of the car so easily and love the bar feature too. My kid will be 2 soon and I still love the smooth n e-z ride. I got mines at babies r us and I purchased a buyer protection plan and they have replaced the seat for me once when the bar came off cuz I used to pick it up by the bar to put into the car but they replaced it anyways. Luv it and recommend it!

11/12

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 12:52 pm
I have the mamas and papas sola and I absolutely love it!
It's very comfortable for the child as it isn't so narrow as the bugabee.
Has big wheels which ride easily, is very lightweight, and I didn't need to buy another traveling carriage as this fits into any taxi, or car.
I didn't feel the need to buy the bassinet as the reg seat lies down totally flat and my baby slept there for the first few weeks till we bought our crib.

db815

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:03 pm
glamourmom wrote:
thanks again. very helpful. I think I have finally made up my mind... I like the look of it and from your reviews it sounds wonderful.

just wondering where I could get the best price? online? in store? jewish? non jewish?

Im soo happy for you! Youll deff love it. Where do you live? There is an amazing store in Monsey, Brauns, I baught it there and they threw in the graco attachment for free (not sure how much it costs, but not like $10 lol). Anyway I liked buying from a from store bec they know what I needed, and they had a lot of patience when I was making my decision. But like MGmom said, she baught from toys r us, and got a protection plan, so thats good too. GOOD LUCK!

glamourmom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:07 pm
db815 wrote:
glamourmom wrote:

Im soo happy for you! Youll deff love it. Where do you live? There is an amazing store in Monsey, Brauns, I baught it there and they threw in the graco attachment for free (not sure how much it costs, but not like $10 lol). Anyway I liked buying from a from store bec they know what I needed, and they had a lot of patience when I was making my decision. But like MGmom said, she baught from toys r us, and got a protection plan, so thats good too. GOOD LUCK!

I can definately get to Brauns in Monsey. I wonder if they are well priced. either way, I think its worth it to buy in a store cuz you can see it and try out the features. so thats cool. thanks for all your help, db.

db815

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:12 pm
glamourmom wrote:
db815 wrote:
glamourmom wrote:

I can definately get to Brauns in Monsey. I wonder if they are well priced. either way, I think its worth it to buy in a store cuz you can see it and try out the features. so thats cool. thanks for all your help, db.

yes deff you can try out everythinggg there, I remember being there for 3 hours, my head was spinning! We tried with the bassinet, without, this color, that color, we wheeled it around, lol anyway they were very helpful, and they are deff not more expensive then anywhere else. My pleasure.

glamourmom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:15 pm
now I have to wait for baby LOL .... we dont buy before. im glad I decided on this already.

db815

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 2:09 pm
glamourmom wrote:
now I have to wait for baby LOL .... we dont buy before. im glad I decided on this already.

lol bshaa tova Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics