Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
If you bought a bugaboo 5+ years ago...

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:04 pm
Was it really a good investment? Are you still using it several children later? Did you need to buy any other strollers eg as a travel stroller? Does it still look good after several years?

Or did you resell it at a good price?

faigyl

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:31 pm
Bought mine 4 years ago and its in perfect working condition. The fabric is a bit dirty so I just gotta soak it and see how it comes out.

minnie mouse

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:36 pm
I bought mine 3 yrs ago. It's the only carriage I have. It's in a perfect condition, hoping to have more use of it again. Only the hood is stained, I would probably replace it.

faigyl

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:40 pm
minnie mouse wrote:
I bought mine 3 yrs ago. It's the only carriage I have. It's in a perfect condition, hoping to have more use of it again. Only the hood is stained, I would probably replace it.

Yea I'm thinking I'm just going to replace all the fabric if the stains dont come out.

Aribenj

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:56 pm
I bought mine 7 years ago. After 2 years it still worked but the cover was horrible, so I replaced just the cover. 2 years after that I bought a new bugaboo. It wasn't running as smoothly and one of the pieces that held the wheel in place broke. So 3 years ago I bought a new one and it still runs like new.

But I will say, it does NOT work for kids over 28lbs. I know it's supposed to be up to 4 year olds but my kids outgrew it by 1.5-2 years. No loss though since B'H every 2 years there was a new baby that needed it...

supermom11

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:07 pm
I've got mine 4 years now, and I still love it! still wheeling well, everything is basically in great condition, I can see it lasting a few more years. I'm having my 3rd soon iyh so ill take out the bassinet again. it still looks great. I did just order a new canopy, since it has some tears and claw like scratches that I have absolutely no idea how that happened, im assuming an animal got to it when I left it out overnite. Bought a different color so its a bit of a change now too. I like that about the bugaboo that you can play around with the colors.
last year I bought the wheeled board, I find it easier than wheeling around a big double carriage. really enjoying it overall. was a great investment.

my 2 yr old is about 28 lbs and he definetly still fits very well! with room to grow... which model do you have? I've got the chameleon. In the bee I would see that it only fits till 2 yr old maybe. my 4 yr old still fits in well too

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 7:21 pm
I bought the bugaboo bee five years ago, I have the older version and I use it all the time do not take care of it because it's my junky stroller and it's still as good as new and wheels as good as ever.

ilic

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 7:34 pm
Mine is almost 5 years old and onto the fourth baby bh.
It has been used every single day since I bought it straight from one child to the next. I change it from the seat to the bassinet when I'm in labour! It still pushes amazingly and other than a couple of stains on the seat fabric it's still in perfect condition.
I always tell my DH in terms of baby gear it was our best buy. I have bought a couple of cheap umbrella type
strollers over the years because I always need a second one for the older child.
I remember at the time I was very unsure at the time whether or not to get it but I'm always so thankful that in the end I did decide to.

Maya

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 7:57 pm
I bought mine six years ago. and used it for two years with my older son. Then my sister-in-law used it for a good few months, my sister for another few months, and I am now using it for my second baby. The fabric could use a wash, but it's in perfect working condition.

baba

Post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 8:15 am
Bought ours about 5.5 years ago and it still as smooth as it was when it was brand new.

I bought new fabric this time and I felt like I have a brand new stroller.

The bugaboo comes with a maintenance kit that dh uses every erev pesach and I think this really keeps it in good shape.

I did just buy a new umbrella stroller for traveling since European airports dont allow you to take the bugaboo (or any stroller that folds in more than one piece) to the gate.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:50 pm
I had one with my second daughter that I used, and then sold for about $800. I did need a travel stroller. I recently bought another on craigslist for less than half the price, and my baby is enjoying it. I think I will keep it this time. Of course, I already have a lightweight and a double.

Ritty

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 9:05 pm
Bought my Bugaboo Cameleon Denim in brand new condition on Ebay for $700 and sold it for $500 in order to get the Donkey.

It was in perfect working condition-LOVED it.

nylon

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 3:50 pm
Mine is 5 years old. Absolutely abused with #1 (major, major use in London). Much less use with #2 but lots of folding/unfolding. Survived 2 moves.

Had to replace a swivel wheel as the post broke. Everything else is still in good working order and it pushes beautifully. People comment on how good it still looks.

(PS, Baba, we have taken ours to the gate at Heathrow many times. We have had it go to baggage reclaim rather than the jetway twice, but all the other strollers did too. I always bring a carrier with me now)

Happy 2B

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:
I bought the bugaboo bee five years ago, I have the older version and I use it all the time do not take care of it because it's my junky stroller and it's still as good as new and wheels as good as ever.

If your bugaboo was your junky stroller what was your "not Junky" stroller?

JollyMommy

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 6:50 pm
the bugaboo bee is bugaboos cheaper, "umbrella" stroller so lots of strollers are nicer that it.

I owned the frog years ago, it held up great but I sold on craigslist to buy uppa baby+rumble seat about 3 year later, which I sold to buy donkey and love.

if you are willing to buy new fabric every few years, I bet bugaboo could easily last 10 years and look brand new.

anonymrs

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 4:22 pm
I have mine for 1 1/2 yrs and it looks like it will last a while. I am not that into taking care of it but it still is in like-new condition. I took the fabric seat cover off of my Bugaboo bee and washed it in the washing machine. Came out beautiful and looking brand new!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics