Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Looking for tip on managing outdoor allergies

tzatza

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 12:00 pm
Bit of a background. Last year DS was 3 and got hit with outdoor allergy. We went to pediatric allergist, blah, blah- he gave us Vanicream for skin, Zyrtec and eye drops. Zyrtec didn't help. We used Vanicream, drops for a few days, and then stuck to Benadryl for bedtime. We then found a homeopath who gave some medicine which helped. However, she mentioned that allergies should be "pre-treated" in February/MArch - before the season hits. This year, we had a baby, BH, in February, and I completely forgot about that. Now, two days ago, DS's allergies started again. I am waiting for my pediatrician to call, but in the meantime (since I lost my chance for "preemptive" treatment this season already) I am looking for some tips from the wise imamothers on handling the outdoor allergy in a 4.5 y.o.,

TIA

Dalia

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 8:44 pm
They say the allergy season is terrible this year, with very high pollen levels. This is due to the long cold winter, and late spring... My 3.5 year-old- son also has terrible environmental allergies. He's on claritin, I try to keep the windows closed, and don't take him out unnecessarily. I keep smearing his face with moisturizers, as it's so rough from his constant runny nose. Good Luck! Refuah Sheleima.

NaturalMom

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 9:02 pm
I know this is also a "pretreatment" but my husband had horrible allergies until he started going to a chiropractor. My 2.5 year old still has allergies, but much milder than before the chiro care. Refuah Shleimah!

drumjj

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 2:56 am
I know he is young but can u get a nasal spray for such a young child? ive always had one and hardly used it but this year I started using it consistently because I usually have terrible hayfever and so far its not been too bad
the other thing is to get a room air purifier and to not open windows in the house.

Mommy007

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 9:06 pm
my 5yr old son has terrible season allergies. His eyes look nebach! I give him zyrtec twice a day, eye drops and strarted nose spray...he also needs benedryl sometimes to help him sleep. Anyways, since we gave him nose spray we have noticed a change in his behavior so we took him off ...this happened also 2 yrs ago when we put him on singulair we noticed a change in his behavior. hatzlacha!
what was the name of the doctor u went to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics