Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What are your kids favourite lego sets?

morahtikvah

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 7:56 pm
What Lego sets do your kids have? Which do they/you like or dislike? (and how old are your kids?)

yo'ma

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:18 pm
My almost 2 year old likes megablocks, but that could be because that's all we have besides the little ones that the older kids play with. How many types are there? I haven't bought anything new in a long time.

granolamom

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:20 pm
I dont remember the name of the set but its a castle with horses and stuff. other than that I mostly buy pieces by the pound on ebay and we go to the lego store now and then to buy figures or other specialty pieces. my kids dont follow the instruction guides,they build their own things. they are 11 and 8.
the younger ones are still loving duplos (bob the builder is the big hit here, it came with all the different trucks. so fun)

granolamom

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:21 pm
oh, forgot, they have a large pirate ship set too. they like that one also. best thing I bought was a box full of wheels.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:24 pm
Oh, you mean like that! We bought a few things like that for my boys, but I think they're a waste of money because they already have tons and think of what to do with the ones you have instead of getting more with instructions. The last time I was asked to get something like that, I got a game instead, Creationary. They played with it about 3 times and I bought it almost a year ago.

QUEENY

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:53 pm
My 7 and 9yrs. old like all the lego city sets...police, fire, airport, houses, cars construction, abulances, garbage truck...we have alot but for the last 2 years thats all they played with and I certainly got my monies worth...they have slowed down a bit with it but I dont regret it. We also bought a few tubs of pieces and they like to build their own stuff.

morahtikvah

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 12:54 am
QUEENY wrote:
My 7 and 9yrs. old like all the lego city sets...police, fire, airport, houses, cars construction, abulances, garbage truck...we have alot but for the last 2 years thats all they played with and I certainly got my monies worth...they have slowed down a bit with it but I dont regret it. We also bought a few tubs of pieces and they like to build their own stuff.

Did your kids follow the building instructions? Do they keep the City stuff built or do they tear it down and rebuild it?

syrima

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 3:48 pm
My son loves his Megabloks pirate set, my DD has a Lego diner set that is all pink. Very Happy
My other DS liked having lots of windows and doors and roof pieces to make houses with.

Raisin

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:01 pm
I think the castle set is great for using your own imagination. After a bit all my kids lego sets end up in one big box. Plus I bought a lot second hand.

Arcy

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:04 pm
my son's 3 so we have the duplos but we love the farm set and the fire truck set... also have the zoo set... we like animals and fire trucks, and motorcycles.... lol we build yishivas and shuls and have the animals standing on the roof listening :-)

the cars and trucks are outside and go back and forth to pick up the ppl to come learn

QUEENY

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:12 pm
morahtikvah wrote:
QUEENY wrote:

Did your kids follow the building instructions? Do they keep the City stuff built or do they tear it down and rebuild it?

My kids are able to follow the instructions. We keep everything built...except for a few sets that broke and we never fixed. I keep all the instruction booklets in case we have to fix something later on. Once they brake and they go into the big box...it such a waste of money bc the sets are way more expensive than the boxes of random lego.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children