Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is this normal 6 year old behavior?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 6:35 pm
My 7 yr old son loves girlish stuff.
He begs for jewelry, to apply makeup for himself.

Is this normal? Dunno why it makes me nervous. Maybe cuz I feel it's happening too often?
Yeah, maybe I'm just crazy.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:26 pm
Does he have sisters? If he does it's for sure normal. If he doesn't its more out of the ordinary. But then again I'm not a child psychologist.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:43 pm
my 6yr old son is so into princesses,pretty things, also "girly" so I know how ur feeling. I tell myself its normal but because of the society we live in I sometimes feel something must be wrong with our sons--but is it really?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:58 pm
Op here.
He's my oldest. Has a baby sister who doesn't do all those girls stuff yet!
He just worries me....
Amother above- you might be right.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 9:04 pm
my son is also the oldest but I know how ur feeling. I just get nervous and I hate even thinking it let alone typing it...because our sons are girly, does that mean they are homosexuals? uch im sure in the "outside" world, its completely normal for boys to play with girlie things but in jewish world it means something is wrong with them. Ur not alone.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 9:04 pm
my son is also the oldest but I know how ur feeling. I just get nervous and I hate even thinking it let alone typing it...because our sons are girly, does that mean they are homosexuals? uch im sure in the "outside" world, its completely normal for boys to play with girlie things but in jewish world it means something is wrong with them. Ur not alone.

YS

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 9:16 pm
My son is six years old and he is also the oldest and loves girly things... He says loud in front of strangers- I love the colour pink and purple and I love girly things and princess things.... I just ignore it... the more attention you give to this the more it will be come a confrontation....

Let the boys enjoy some girly things and don't make a big deal out of it.... I think in todays day and age we are so afraid-- too much we just need to relax and let kids be kids...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics