Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
CHANUKKAH DOUGHNUT RECIPES????
1  2  Next

Blossom

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 7:19 pm
Anybody have a real yummy dougnnut recipe to share?

Also has anyone heard of Milchige Doughnuts and have a recipe for that? thanks.

Chanie

Post Wed, Dec 13 2006, 11:02 am
I personally like the taste of the first dounut recipe in the Spice and Spirt. Although I dont use the topping they say, over here we like chocolate dounuts. (we are already talking about the delicious warm dounuts here, but way to oily to eat on a regular basis)

Hannah!

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 8:38 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 8:40 pm
that is so weird - my d and me were just talking about making donuts today - she didn't believe it could be done - so...where's the recipe?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 8:48 pm
The milchige donuts are heavenly! I think it's in the nitra cookbook, or in the Bobov one. My neighbor sent me down a few pieces a number of years ago. They were absolutely delish!

Falafel

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:01 pm
anyone want to post these recipes??

EvenI

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 9:53 am
How much hassle is it to make doughnuts? I've never done it and I suddenly realized that it's because I've never seen it done and I have a fear that it is a major hassle or very difficult. Am I wrong? I would want to inject them with jam and with ribat chalav. Is that difficult?

daamom

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 9:59 am
I made doughnuts a few years ago, and they were really good. Good enough to make the "patchka" worth it? I don't know.
You can fill them with a medicine syringe. Just stick it in and squirt. That was the fun part Smile.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 10:02 am
daamom wrote:
I made doughnuts a few years ago, and they were really good. Good enough to make the "patchka" worth it? I don't know.
You can fill them with a medicine syringe. Just stick it in and squirt. That was the fun part Smile.

I think I'm going to try it. I don't have a medicine syringe, I'll probably borrow one from a neighbor but those of you ladies who have turkey basters, It would probably work as well.

daamom

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 10:05 am
hmm, that'd definitely give you alot of filling Smile

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 10:12 am
You can buy a simple syringe for cheap or ask your doc or vet if he wants to donate one to you... LOL

Can someone tell me what's the difference between a Chanukah shmanuka doughnut and a regular doughnut?

All I can think of is the guilt part that makes the difference.

mandksima

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 10:56 am
Fabulous wrote:
daamom wrote:

I think I'm going to try it. I don't have a medicine syringe, I'll probably borrow one from a neighbor but those of you ladies who have turkey basters, It would probably work as well.

I wouldn't recommend using a turkey baster for the ribat chalav. Wink

daamom

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 12:20 pm
mandksima wrote:
Fabulous wrote:
daamom wrote:

I wouldn't recommend using a turkey baster for the ribat chalav. Wink

good point LOL

I think that "chanuka" doughnuts are the jelly-filled ones, and everything else sort of piggy-backs on this yummy tradition.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 12:58 pm
Don't you like a doughnut filled with chocolate or caramel gooey goodness and covered with powdered sugar is less nice than a doughnut with artificial Israeli jelly?

gdgirl

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:01 pm
yummm.sounds fattening! Wink

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:23 pm
That's the diff between chanukah and all year round: on chanuka it's almost a mitzva to eat one, so no guild involved... whereas any other day............ Wink

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:28 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
That's the diff between chanukah and all year round: on chanuka it's almost a mitzva to eat one, so no guild involved... whereas any other day............ Wink

I know, I always felt that. It's an inyan to eat oily foods like latkas and doughnuts. mmmmm....

montrealmommy

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 5:01 pm
I posted an egg-free doughnut recipe in the Channuka section.

daamom

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 5:39 pm
Listen, I start having doughnuts as soon as they start putting them out. Ya know, like 2 months before Chanuka, for some reason...
And jelly filled is my absolute fave! No chocolate or caramel filling for me, please.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 5:41 pm
They SHOULD pull them out year round...... oh those high calorie yummy things!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus