Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you handwash delicates?

saras mum

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:49 am
how do you scrub (really clean) a dirty delicate?

sped

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:32 am
Try using a good detergent made for delicates (Woolite??), for delicates, pretreat the satins and soak it for a while. My machine has delicate and no-spin options, so I would then probably put it through on them a few times.

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 3:19 pm
thanx! would u put a cotton knit in the machine? I'm scared it will unravel

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 4:45 pm
Don't pretreat delicates. They can sometimes be too delicate for having detergent sitting right on them.

Clean and rinse the bathroom sink very well. Plug sink and fill with cold water. Add just a little detergent. Add delicate garment. Swish garment around in water. Let sit about 10 minutes. Not too long.

Gently rub the garment together to try to get out the stains. Swish in the water again.

Drain water from sink. Fill with clean water. Swish garment. Repeat.

Rinse garment gently with running water until no more detergent is left. Gently! ring out garment to remove water.

Lay out cleaned garment on a clean towel layed out on a smooth surface. Smooth any wrinkles out of garment. Allow to air dry for 2 days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry