Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
All girls are princesses! the best scene
1  2  Next

marshmellow

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 8:36 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoZuMb19RJ4

mom2be1

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 9:18 pm
Random?!

crush

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 9:43 pm
Oooh, I love A Little Princess!!!! That totally made my night! Here's my favorite scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0u8oqFUhBo

sequoia

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 9:52 pm
Oh I love that movie!

marshmellow

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 10:23 pm
here is the end scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....lated

wereafamily

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 10:37 pm
Memories...

leah66

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 12:21 am
I love this scene too, though it's slightly unrealistic!

chocolate chips

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:20 am
OMG! I used to know this movie off by heart.
I LOVE it!!!!!

Its total fairy tale but its brilliant!

The background music is fabulous it gives me chills...and I love that gorgeous first scene too! The whole thing...love it! lol.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:24 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfLDWbEppvA

thats the background music !

dee's mommy

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:55 am
I love this story. But I think more of the book than the film versions when I think of it.

One of my favourite scenes is the one where she is in the middle of her punishment of being starved for two days, and she finds a coin in the street. She goes to a bakery and buys six buns (the baker generously gave her two extra), and even though she hasn't eaten for two days, she gives five of the buns to a homeless girl in the street. I think that scene may be in this film, but I don't remember.

Anyway, the book is wonderful, though it has a very different end to the movie versions. I find that a lot of film versions tend to soften the end, where as in the book, Sara really does have to start all over again. I highly recommend it to every member of Imamother.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 12:38 pm
I'm on dee's mother's team.

LOVE the book, not that crazy over the movie. By the time I saw the movie I already knew the book inside out, and I felt the movie KILLED it. And the Jewish version didn't just kill it, it completely killed its essense.

dee's mommy

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 4:48 pm
I didn't mean that I didn't like the movie. I saw it once a long time ago, and I thought it was nice. Not great, but okay. I don't remember very much about it though. I do remember that this, and another Hollywood version changed the ending, which I don't like.

I meant, that when someone says to me "A Little Princess" the book comes immediately to mind.

A Jewish version of A Little Princess? Really? That would be interesting to check out.

marshmellow

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 4:54 pm
I normally also prefer the book to the film but I think that this film version is really good, here you can really relate to sara's character, she is not only good hearted but you see how brave and strong she is, also the film itself is very well made and the ending is very good with sara and her father being reuinted

sequoia

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 5:05 pm
I love both. They're different genres, different creations. I don't think of the movie as being worse than the book, just different.

Strawberry2

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 5:56 am
dee's mommy wrote:
I didn't mean that I didn't like the movie. I saw it once a long time ago, and I thought it was nice. Not great, but okay. I don't remember very much about it though. I do remember that this, and another Hollywood version changed the ending, which I don't like.

I meant, that when someone says to me "A Little Princess" the book comes immediately to mind.

A Jewish version of A Little Princess? Really? That would be interesting to check out.

is jewish version the zir chemed show?

Isramom8

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 6:17 am
My dd did this as a school play. She had to eat five real rolls, and then say that she was still hungry!
We said she had five small roles in the play.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 10:14 am
I never read the book but I agree the Jewish version completely murdered it.
Its good but NOT a little princess. A jewish copy of a similar story line.

crush

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 11:41 am
I enjoyed the book, but I just...connect with the movie. Sounds crazy, no? But I always loved it, since I was a little girl. Just seeing a picture of Liesel Matthews (Sarah) gives me memories. I can watch that movie a hundred times and still want to see it again.
I never saw the Jewish version, but would like to! I'm so curious how they did that.

Last edited by crush on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total

sleepwalking

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 2:14 pm
crush wrote:
I enjoyed the book, but I just...connect with the movie. Sounds crazy, no? But I always loved it, since I was a little girl. Just seeing a picture of Liesel Matthews (Sarah) gives me memories. I can watch that movie a hundred times and still want to see it again.
I never saw the Jewish version, but would like to! I'm so curious how they did that.

I love love that film. Is she an actress in another film?

marshmellow

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 2:27 pm
sleepwalking wrote:
crush wrote:

I love love that film. Is she an actress in another film?

I think she stopped acting I don't think she has been in any films since but I could be wrong. you know her father is Jewish
btw what does everyone mean Jewish version I don't understand? a group of Jewish actors made a film or something?

Last edited by marshmellow on Sun, May 06 2012, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links