Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
6 yr old boy urinating ALL THE TIME

teabag4me8

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 3:27 am
I have a 6 yr old son who recently goes to the bathroom every 5-10 minutes - no joke. I took him the doctor to test for obvious things: UTI, diabetes (checked his glucose, etc.). Everything came out fine, and the doctor thinks it's purely psychological. I've talked with my son about it, waited many weeks, and I really do think it's something physical, rather than psychological. I live in Israel and I'm assuming need to take him to a urologist?? Has anyone ever experienced this before as I'm feeling quite worried about him!

drumjj

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 4:39 am
my daughter who is 7 spends a lot of time in the toilet.

saw50st8

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 5:14 am
He could be sensitive to salicylate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.....ivity

http://salicylatesensitivity.com/info1/

NYmommy

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 9:20 am
I don't mean to scare you but my sister's kid also used the bathroom extremely often. Pediatrician ordered a sonogram & they discovered a growth on his bladder. He had surgery to remove it & problem solved b'h. That doesn't mean your child has it but it doesn't hurt to get it checked out. Does your son have problem staying dry during the night?

tzatza

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 10:03 am
Op, look up pollakiuria. That's what my 5 y.o. had (in retrospect, we figured out it was a consequence of new baby).

Hatzlaha!

teabag4me8

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 4:02 pm
Wow - no, none of this scares me. Not that I G-d Forbid want him to have something physically wrong with him, but I feel like it can often be easier to cure than something psychological...if that makes sense? I'm going to look into all of these options here...I really appreciate the feed back!

teabag4me8

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 4:03 pm
NYMommy - how old was your sister's kid????

teabag4me8

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 4:04 pm
Sorry, one more thing. He's totally dry at night, and during the day as well - just goes ALL the time....and is fine at night...sleeps like normal Smile

MotherOf4

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 5:20 pm
When my daughter was 6 she also started going to the bathroom very frequently, like every ten minutes or so. I took her to the doctor and they did some tests but everything appeared to be fine and eventually it passed and she started going regularly again.

teabag4me8

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 12:45 pm
I think I'm gonna call Benny Fisher to see the best urologist for a little boy with this situation. He complains that it hurts him a log, along w/ frequent stomache aches and sometimes bowl movements that hurt also...it can't all be just "coincidence."

drumjj

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 12:59 pm
will u tell me what u find out because my daughter who goes to the toilet alot also complains it hurts her a lot when she goes to the toilet.

NYmommy

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 2:18 pm
teabag4me8 wrote:
NYMommy - how old was your sister's kid????

I'm not sure, I think 5-6 year old. I can ask if you want to know exact age

yksraya

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 2:35 pm
it could be he drinks allot and that's the reason but I read that one of the symptoms to detect diabetes is:using the restroom excessively. please check it out to be on the safer side.

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 3:18 pm
my son had this and my doctor said it was because the opening was to small (probably due to the way the bris healed) so he wasnt emptying himself fully so my dr. opened him up a bit and it became better (it wasnt so often but approx. once an hour) my son was approx. 6 yrs. old when we had this done

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 3:36 pm
My ds had this as well, just as you describe, constantly running to the bathroom. Firstly, dr. needs to make sure he is not constipated because this woill exert pressure on the bladder. Secondly, what amother above said, it is called meatal stenosis. My dr. widened the opening in his office (stretching it) but said that this may not do the job and he was right, we went to a urologist and he did a minor procedure with a topical anesthetic. See a urologist, will also do sonogram, etc. Definitely see a urologist. Psychological shmicological! All the physical aspects need to be examined first.

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 5:01 pm
my pediatrician actually did the procedure in his office so I didnt have to go to the urologist
for my son this was the best since he is very bad with change, and is comfortable with the pediatrician already

teabag4me8

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 1:11 pm
Ok - urologist it is then! Thank you for all the info...and I'll def let you know what happens. It's so sad with kids...we just want them to be healthy (emotionally, physically, spiritually....).

Thanks everyone Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics