Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Need extra cash any ideas for side job to do at home?

amother

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 3:50 pm
hi, my husband and I work full time and still dont make enough at the end of the month(and we live very simple) =3 kids and still no washer or dryer I need to go to a laundromat once a week, no cleaning help, no take out food, no gifts....anyone have any ideas what I can do at home as a side job at night ?

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:24 am
op here, I see 94 people read my post and no one has any ideas for me??? please help I am kind of desperate at this point
thanks

gila-rina

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:52 am
no grand ideas besides tutoring or, if you're crafty, selling your stuff on etsy.com
good luck and Hashem should send you and all that need it yeshua bekarov

curlgirl

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:17 am
Well, what is your profession?

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:19 am
I do office work a lot on the computer

chocolate chips

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:48 am
Perhaps you can do research for someone.
Proof read speeches, resumes, articles.
Tutoring
Create photo books for people and take a percentage
Sell things online and take a percentage.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:23 am
Would you have time for a side job? Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

Maybe see if you can find a job for either you or dh that makes more than you have right now? Or maybe consider moving to a community in which rent (I'm assuming you're renting) costs less? Maybe even out of town, if you can get new jobs there?

As a mother who works from home, I can't imagine working at night after a long day of work and three kids, especially if you're going to the laundramat at some point, cooking meals from scratch, and being thrifty in other ways. Especially for the long term. I would suggest thinking more out of the box.

Otherwise, what skills do you have? Tutoring is always a good nighttime job, but someone already mentioned that.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:26 am
If we would have good ideas, we'd all be rich! Who doesn't want that ideal home job, that brings extra income, and is manageable with 3 kids?!
Problem is there aren't many such jobs.

fruitsalad

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:28 am
maybe u wantto start selling soemthing from ur home?

jewlery

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:33 am
There are some good suggestions on this thread.

How about writing or programming on elance.com? The trick there is to get high quality reviews of your work, and then you can charge more than you can as a beginner.

Would you consider starting an online business that will not bring you any net profit for several months to a year or more?

A friend of mine earned money babysitting little kids for weekends, whose parents wanted/needed to go away for Shabbos. I don't remember the amounts, but she would earn $250 or so for watching a toddler for 48 hours.

Last edited by TranquilityAndPeace on Thu, May 03 2012, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

FASMA

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:45 am
If you are good with computers maybe sell stuff on eBay or sign up on one of those places that they pay you to write.
But I agree with pp to think out of the box for long term sOlutions

mha3484

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 12:51 pm
Could you give lessons in how to use different computer programs like word excel etc?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 12:11 am
I sell and recruit for 3 different direct sales/ network marketing companies. I work when my kids are in school or in bed at night. I'd prefer to have more daytime hours to work, but I get really creative about how I can work at 11:00 pm, midnight, etc. I have to make a full time income and in fact this summer my husband isn't working at all so I'm the sole income. One of my twins goes to school in the morning and one goes in the afternoons, so I end up mostly working in the evenings.

If direct sales or network marketing might be up your alley, message me and I'll be glad to help you choose a company.

stay@homemom

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 12:40 pm
I was in a very similar situation to you and was desperate to find something that would work. I finally found something that is part time and can work around any schedule and would love to share this amazing opportunity with you- pm me for details!

chabadnikit

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 2:18 pm
If you finish work early enough you can do an aftercare program where you can watch kids after school until their parents finish work. You can also do evening babysitting in your home or even over night like someone else mentioned. If you don't work on sundays you can do babysitting in your home then also since most other babysitters are closed then (in the u.s.)

Can you bake? You can bake and sell things like cookies and cakes at a discounted rate and offer them in your community for brises and upshernishes and stuff for people who can't afford to pay full bakery or catering prices. If you can decorate cakes or make decent cupcakes you can do those too.

You can try to get some freelance typing or office jobs for people who need occasional work done.

If you know how to find cheap flights, you can help non internet savvy people purchase flights or book car rentals and take a small percentage.

You can even try to do more than one of these things on occasion to bring in some extra cash flow.

Goodluck!

Redbird

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 1:18 am
I once came across this website online. http://onlinegelt.com/ (I think I actually found it from imamother.) You should check it out.

mazeltov

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 8:47 pm
Leahs Mom wrote:
I once came across this website online. http://onlinegelt.com/ (I think I actually found it from imamother.) You should check it out.

That's written by TranquilityAndPeace (Ellen)

Smile
Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers