Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Forgot to do Lehafrish Challa

Chanie

Post Wed, Dec 13 2006, 5:37 pm
I relised that I didn't say the bracha until after my last batch. I know I still have to seperate a piece, but do I make a bracha on already baked goods?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 4:12 am
That happened to me a few weeks ago and the rav said to put all the challahs in one bag, and make a bracha..
but ask your LOR

supermom

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 2:36 pm
Like amother said you will have to ask your rav. I was told to take a piece off every challah before it is cut. As you can see we both have different answers.

hila

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 2:46 pm
HOWEVER the halacha of forgetting to take challa is different in chutz laaretz from here in Israel.
Chall is a mitzva shetluya baaretz, (applies and is dependant on beong done in Israel) and is considered a "practice" mitzva only outside the land.

So if you forgot to take chall before shabbat - you may not use the bread baked on shabbat if you are in Israel. Outside Israel the halacha is more lenient and as far as I know you can take the challa (hafrashat challa) on shabbat.

This is how I learned it - but I concentrated on the halacha here in Israel.

I always remind myslef 10 times to do hafrasha on the dough. And if I leave one of my girls to do it instead of me I remind them too.

Shabbat Shalom
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen