Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What is the best professional camera out there?

happyone

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:43 pm
Any advice from photographers or amateur photographers?

Simple1

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:48 pm
Price range? You can spend many thousands on a professional camera. Or you can go with the less expensive, but good enough to start with Canon Rebel EOS series, which I have. I personally think that skill is more important than how expensive the camera is, although a top-of-the-line camera is great if you have the budget for it (which I don't).

babygirl

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 3:51 am
Yeah I would also recommend starting off with a simpler camera and then deciding once you know a bit more about photography and where you would like to go with it which camera/lenses will work for you. Good luck!

Raisin

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 4:38 am
my husband is very into photography and has a canon eos 450d (I think there are newer versions available)

But it could be since he bought it there are better ones out.

A store like B&H would probably be very helpful.

Raisin

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 4:39 am
my husband is very into photography and has a canon eos 450d (I think there are newer versions available)

But it could be since he bought it there are better ones out.

A store like B&H would probably be very helpful.

TzipporahN

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 7:20 am
Go to snapsort.com - you can search by categories, features etc - amazing site. Then check reviews on Amazon, YouTube and CNET for the camera you chose. We just bought one using this method and are very happy. I would also agree that the Canon Rebel EOS series are a very good choice, but they are coming out with new cameras all the time. Asking at B&H is a great idea, but if you're not buying there, that can be a problem.

granolamom

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 11:25 am
are you a professional photographer? if not, you might be wise to save your money and buy something that isnt high end, it would be a waste to purchase a $1000 lens you dont know how to use.

its not the camera that produces great shots. a great photographer can do better things with his iPhone than I can do with my canon rebel (a very decent entry level dslr).

Simple1

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 1:01 pm
I forgot to mention, and granola mom you reminded me, that the lens is a separate expense. The lens is very important part to clear pictures. The lens the camera comes with isn't great. You can buy the camera without the lens and buy the lens separately. You also don't need to spend $1000 on a good lens. Tamron has a good similar choice for $400.

granolamom

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 2:01 pm
re: the lens...depends on your needs/skill
I'm still using the kit lens with my camera and I know its not the best, but right now I'm still learning. I think my next purchase will be either some decent flash system or the 'nifty fifty' lens, which you can get for about $100.

I was just saying, sky's the limit when you want 'the best', but even the best camera and lens wont give you great shots unless you know how to use them properly (and its not as simple as I thought it would be).

Simple1

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 2:19 pm
granolamom wrote:
re: the lens...depends on your needs/skill
I'm still using the kit lens with my camera and I know its not the best, but right now I'm still learning. I think my next purchase will be either some decent flash system or the 'nifty fifty' lens, which you can get for about $100.

I was just saying, sky's the limit when you want 'the best', but even the best camera and lens wont give you great shots unless you know how to use them properly (and its not as simple as I thought it would be).

I think it's totally fine to use the kit lens and pocket cameras for normal use. Just if someone is asking for professional, they need to keep in mind that the lens also makes a difference. Or to put it differently - a great higher end pocket camera may sometimes end up being just as sharp or sharper than the SLR camera without the right lens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars