Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
18 month old looses balance

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 3:26 pm
My18 month old looses balance very often. If someone or something touches him unexpectingly, even a tiny bit, he will fall. Also, when I put him down I have to hold him 2 seconds in the standing position. Otherwise, he will fall.

saw50st8

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 3:35 pm
My son had something similar. If he stopped concentrating for a moment he would fall. We had early intervention evaluate him. He had low muscle tone but wasn't enough to need services. So, call for a free evaluation.

be good

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 3:48 pm
did he crawl (on his hands and knees) for a solid few months? I have heard that this classic type of crawling is critical to developing balance and coordination. my 2 year old scooted/commando-crawled at 4.5 months, got very fast at getting around that way, and only crawled on all ours for a few weeks before getting up and walking.
I see balance and coordination issues especially when shes running, and am tring to get on all four and play crawling games together to get her to do it too. I have seen some improvement.

try it!

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:39 pm
op: he crawled from 8 to 15 months

faigyl

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:58 pm
My baby was like that until she got tubes in... now she's so much better!!

misteray

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 5:29 pm
When I read your post, it totally could have been me, except I have a DD! She does the exact same thing, falling and not great balance etc...
Interesting about the crawling, though, bec. my 18 mo DD did not crawl- she also scooted then went straight to walking. I do see her trying and "practicing" crawling now and again recently. I'll try to encourage it more.
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics