Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Hannah montana

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 7:56 am
I know this may seem childish to you ladies but im obsessed with hannah montana... I've watched every single one of her episodes. her movie. and her concerts on youtube. I looooove her songs and know almost all of them inside out and hum them all day.

anyone with me?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 8:12 am
I am just amazed that Miley became a billionaire by the age of 18. I suppose it's people like you who appreciate her show that are necessary for her to earn all that money.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 8:33 am
TandP, is that your next goal? To become a Billionaire? Just follow her footsteps and you'll have it done in no time Tongue Out

amother, can't sympathize as I don't know any of her songs. Just that every. single. girl. toy. basically is adorned with her licensed stuff.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 8:40 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
TandP, is that your next goal? To become a Billionaire? Just follow her footsteps and you'll have it done in no time Tongue Out

amother, can't sympathize as I don't know any of her songs. Just that every. single. girl. toy. basically is adorned with her licensed stuff.

LOL! No chance, I'm somewhat tone-deaf! The girl earned a million dollars for each concert she gave!

Hasn't her show been off the air for a year now? I don't think I see any HM stuff in Walmart anymore.

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 8:52 am
op, yeah hannah is out now. she sorta outgrew that role. but miley is as alive and adored as ever. her song "the climb" is an instant fave.

leah66

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 2:49 pm
I think that as a wig wearing character, she is someone frum women can relate to.

Don't worry op, this too shall pass.
I'm sure you'll find some another show to obsess over before long.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 3:05 pm
I like Miley's song "see you again" (or something). Apart from that, it doesn't seem so well known around me.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 3:11 pm
I like "who said". I forgot about it, but now that you mention her songs - I don't think there are any female-empowerment types of songs in Jewish music!

I love the message that "you think I can't, but I really CAN!"

leah66

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 3:30 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:

I don't think there are any female-empowerment types of songs in Jewish music!

Exactly!
I'm waiting for some Jewish songs that can be listened to when your down in the dumps.

bigsis144

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 3:40 pm
leah666 wrote:

Exactly!
I'm waiting for some Jewish songs that can be listened to when your down in the dumps.

Shaindel Antelis has literally been called "what it would sound like if Hannah Montana found out she was Jewish, went to Israel and discovered what life was really about". Very Happy

How are these for "you can do it! You're awesome!" songs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f.....RkR-I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f.....0fgO4

(Can't embed them because they're unlisted... for Kol Isha purposes, you can only access those videos if given a link. They don't come up in regular searches.)

--

Personally, the pop songs that I like best are break-up songs, preferably happy and/or passive aggressive. Or outright aggressive. Like "Gives You H-ll" by All American Rejects, "King of Anything" by Sarah Bareilles, and the "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago.
But there will never be Jewish songs like that... unless you count the Groggers. Twisted Evil

mommyhood

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 5:34 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
leah666 wrote:

Exactly!

Shaindel Antelis has literally been called "what it would sound like if Hannah Montana found out she was Jewish, went to Israel and discovered what life was really about". Very Happy

(Can't embed them because they're unlisted... for Kol Isha purposes, you can only access those videos if given a link. They don't come up in regular searches.)

--

Personally, the pop songs that I like best are break-up songs, preferably happy and/or passive aggressive. Or outright aggressive. Like "Gives You H-ll" by All American Rejects, "King of Anything" by Sarah Bareilles, and the "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago.
But there will never be Jewish songs like that... unless you count the Groggers. Twisted Evil

I'm not OP but thanks for those links, I'm enjoying. She was in my sister's grade in HS. (Can I answer yes on the knowing famous people thread now).

leah66

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 7:00 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

--

I'm impressed with this girl.

(And I also like listening to aggressive songs sometimes, though I double they'll make Jewish versions of those.)

sequoia

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 7:22 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

--

I'm also a big fan of songs like these.

"King of Anything" is one of the catchiest things ever written.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 12:43 pm
I've never heard of her.

SS6099

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 12:55 pm
I love Sarah Bareilles. I tend to enjoy adult singers, not childish ones, and those who aren't trashy. As much as I love secular music, I can't listen to songs when the singer is pure trash. Just MHO....
King of Anything is great!

Arcy

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 12:57 pm
I know a girl like you, OP.
When she got engaged, her chosson didn't have time to get her a bracelt right away, so he got her a hana montana watch... she was thrilled...

I haven't spoken to her in a while, so I'm not sure she's still into Hana Montana, but I can find out if she is and hook u guys up. she lives in NJ...

wait, maybe she's you! ;-)

Arcy

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 1:10 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

this is the first time I acctually enjoyed listening to a jewish female sing (no offense to any other talented, female jewish singers - I guess every1 has different tastes)

That girl has an amazing voice!

sequoia

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 2:12 pm
ds6099 wrote:
I love Sarah Bareilles. I tend to enjoy adult singers, not childish ones, and those who aren't trashy. As much as I love secular music, I can't listen to songs when the singer is pure trash. Just MHO....
King of Anything is great!

I agree. My favorite contemporary singers are Sara Bareilles, Norah Jones, and Regina Spektor. They are beautiful, self-sufficient, and inspiring.

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 3:20 pm
Didn't she have that song, "Troll much??"

DrMom

Post Sat, May 12 2012, 12:58 pm
amother wrote:
Didn't she have that song, "Troll much??"

I'm hoping you are right... LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics