Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Easy Sesame Chicken

ChabadUK

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 1:34 pm
Hi
Does anyone have an easy sesame chicken recipe which does not need duck sauce...

1Life2Live

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 1:38 pm
I've been meaning to try this recipe, although I'm a bit reluctant because it has a lot of sugar in it.

http://ifyouwantgoodfood.blogs......html

Ritty

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 3:12 pm
Saute onions...add strips of chicken to onions and cook till both sides are whitish.
Add 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup ketchup, some sesame seeds cook for 7-10 minutes and its YUM!

glamourmom

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 11:32 am
Ritty wrote:
Saute onions...add strips of chicken to onions and cook till both sides are whitish.
Add 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup ketchup, some sesame seeds cook for 7-10 minutes and its YUM!

Ritty, does this really not need any coating?
is it like cutlets with a sauce or more like individual peices???

id like to try this tonight but I dont want dh to stay hungry...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 12:12 pm
I haven't made this in years. NO SUGAR! Tongue Out Here's the recipe with my comments.

1 1/2 chicken, cut into eighths
corn flake crumbs

Marinade:
1/4 c. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds [I don't think I bothered toasting]
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. white wine
2 cloves garlic, crushed [which I probably left out when made for the family]
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. chili powder

Combine ingredients for marinade, marinate for 24 hours. Roll in corn flake crumbs. Bake at 350 for one hour.

glamourmom

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 12:41 pm
pinkfridge, ur recipe sounds awesome but not easy or fast.

im looking for good recipes using cutlets that are not hard to prepare and get ready fast.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 1:30 pm
glamourmom wrote:

im looking for good recipes using cutlets that are not hard to prepare and get ready fast.
Just saute your chicken pieces.
In a separate pot heat through 3/4 cup each ketchup, brown sugar, water. Pour over chicken pieces. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

glamourmom

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 1:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
glamourmom wrote:

In a separate pot heat through 3/4 cup each ketchup, brown sugar, water. Pour over chicken pieces. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

this sounds awesome. easy and just up dh alley.

so, does the sauce become like a sticky coating or a very heavy very sweet sauce?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 5:15 pm
glamour, not offended at all, just want to point out that my (it's not really mine, I'm not mechadesh but someone gave it to me) recipe doesn't call for anything sweet. Just saying.

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 11:52 pm
glamourmom wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
glamourmom wrote:

this sounds awesome. easy and just up dh alley.

so, does the sauce become like a sticky coating or a very heavy very sweet sauce?
If you want it really thick, omit the water.

glamourmom

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 1:45 pm
thanks to all of you for your assistance with this dish. I made it yesterday and it came out heaven. I was soo proud. and DH loved it THANK G-D.

so, new question popped up, I served it over fresh mashed potatoes with onions. and poured the sauce over the potatoes. it was really good. but what else can I serve this with?

Liebs

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 3:46 pm
REALLY EASY SESAME CHICKEN ADN DELICIOUS, NEVER ANY LEFT!

coat shnitzel in flour (mix in bowl with a lot of flour and will stick without eggs)
lay in 9 by 13 greased pan

1 cup brown sugar
5 tbs ketchup
2 tbs: oil, mustard and viniger
sesame seeds in mixture (1/2 cup) or pour more on top after

mix well and pour over chicken. bake on 350, covered half hour and uncover for 15 minutes.

glamourmom

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 3:52 pm
thanx leibs. I like the sound of this recipe cuz it has the flour, making the meal more substantial but its not fried. does the chicken bake well? is it supposed to come out suacy? or individual peices of chicken w sauce on it?

also, what do you serve with this?

Sonia

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 4:03 pm
It goes great with rice.

happy mom1

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 4:17 pm
glamourmom wrote:
thanks to all of you for your assistance with this dish. I made it yesterday and it came out heaven. I was soo proud. and DH loved it THANK G-D.

so, new question popped up, I served it over fresh mashed potatoes with onions. and poured the sauce over the potatoes. it was really good. but what else can I serve this with?

Which did you end up making?

glamourmom

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 5:11 pm
Ritty wrote:

I made this one. in a bowl I made a sauce of ketchup, alil mustard. brown sugar and sesame seeds. then it was abit thick so I added some water. I dumped the mixture over the chicken and onions and let is "cook" together. it was amazing.

Liebs

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 7:04 pm
glamourmom wrote:
thanx leibs. I like the sound of this recipe cuz it has the flour, making the meal more substantial but its not fried. does the chicken bake well? is it supposed to come out suacy? or individual peices of chicken w sauce on it?

also, what do you serve with this?

I stuff 9 by 13 so not so saucy. I would double it or one and half times it if you like it more saucy. I always found it to bake well. Make sure your oven temp is right if you are afinding things not well done. I had that in past when my oven was set on 350 and really temp was 325. they sell cheap oven thermometers.

Serve with rice/orzo/cuscus/lomaine. I like it best with white rice.

happy mom1

Post Fri, May 25 2012, 12:50 pm
Do you think this would be good if I warm it up for a yom tov meal?

sourstix

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 11:00 am
[quote="Liebs"]REALLY EASY SESAME CHICKEN ADN DELICIOUS, NEVER ANY LEFT!

coat shnitzel in flour (mix in bowl with a lot of flour and will stick without eggs)
lay in 9 by 13 greased pan

1 cup brown sugar
5 tbs ketchup
2 tbs: oil, mustard and viniger
sesame seeds in mixture (1/2 cup) or pour more on top after

mix well and pour over chicken. bake on 350, covered half hour and uncover for 15 minutes.[/quote]

hi, I know this is old, anyone know if this is sweet and sour? I am looking for something a little salty not sweet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen