Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Stressed at Work

amother

Post Sat, Apr 16 2005, 11:41 pm
I'm a preschool teacher. Lately I've been finding it very difficult and I'm wondering if I made the right decision.
I used to "teach" toddlers...it was so nice and calm. But I knew that with my degree I could do "better," so when an opening became available, and I jumped for it - even though fiancially we were o.k. (my husband learns)
Well, my class of 19 kindergarten boys are very difficult. 9 of them have SEIT (special ed teachers), if you can get my drift. They're not all behavior problems, but a good percentage are.
I'm only working here a few months. Before Purim was okay but now, before Pesach, some of the kids have been impossible. I hear after Pesach it gets worse, usually -- "spring fever."
I don't know if I can deal with it.
And now I may be pregnant. (plus I have a baby under 1)
How am I going to manage this???

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 12:50 am
Ok this is my take on it. Be open w/h them and give them atleast a month to find someone u could even blame it on the pregnancy. But being stressed out is not good since it could seep into your homelife incl your pregnancy.
It may not be the most responsible thing to do to the school. But it's far more irresponsible to work if you feel stressed constantly. And why should your unborn child suffer. Hatzlacha

Rivka

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 6:05 am
Maybe the kids are getting more frazzled because their parents at home are stressed due to Pesach.
Is there only you in charge of the kids? Maybe you can ask the school if you can get a helper in.

timeout

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 10:35 am
My son has a Seit teacher and they are meant to be ther to help u if they aren't u should be speaking to them individually to see what can be changed to make things better.

Also is your class very scheduled the more scheduled u are with the kids the less frazzled the kids and u will be.

Keep up the good work we need all the good teachers we can get and if your nervous that means u care Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics