Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help my acne!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:58 pm
Looking for a cream or soap or anything in the world that can get me rid of my pimples.
I look soooo ugly and need my face smooth again.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 9:06 pm
Hugs!

This is the best stuff I've ever found anywhere, including prescriptions! Salicylic acid It burns like crazy in the beginning, but it WORKS! And it makes my pores nearly invisible:)

amother

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 9:19 pm
Thanks tranquil!

A few questions:
Seems from the description, it's a strong chemical? Shouldn't I be worried, health wise, to use it on my skin?

Also, will it make my face finer and smoother looking?
Why is it some some people have the smoothest face ever, not a single blemish, while my face is always bumpy, pimply, cakey, pinkish, even with 3 layers of makeup??? Banging head

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 9:50 pm
I don't know how the chemical works or how 'safe' it is....

Nor do I know why some people have perfect skin and others have to work hard to get it....

Good luck! You deserve to feel beautiful, so do some research and find the product that works best for you!

amother

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 12:36 am
Suggestions anyone?

de_goldy

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 12:39 am
What are you using now? And how bad is your skin?

I wash my face each night with clean and clear foaming wash, then I cover with toothpaste and leave for a couple of mins before washing off. This burns but works very well for me. Then I use a clean and clear morning burst solution.

amother

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 9:02 am
Goody, I use an exfoliator which also serves as my soap. Then I just rinse my face in the shower.
I'm usually good that way, but with every change of hormones, which happens too often, I break out terribly. I need something to treat my face in those times.

Thanks!

I think I may try what tranquility posted- looks like a pretty good product from the reviews. I'm just terrified what those chemicals do to our skin.

amother

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 9:03 am
Oops, can't edit my post. I meant goldy, not goody!

amother

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 9:23 am
I strongly reccomend using the Mario Badescu porducts- google them they are sooo amazing they have tons of products that WORK- I love them.

Yocheved84

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 10:41 am
Before spending a lot of money (which I've done!), try Neutrogena's "Stress Relief" acne products:

1) Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment Pads -- comes in an orange container
2) They also sell an acne scrub--get that.
3) Try Adult Actonel for your acne...that should work without over-drying your skin.

In the meantime, if you need to wear makeup, stick to non-comedogenic stuff, or just wear blush and call it a day. (By the way, are your makeup brushes clean? That contributes to acne!!)

ianaii

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 10:47 am
why not just go to a dermatologist?

I dont think burning your skin with acids is smart without consulting a Dr. and actually scrubs can be worse for your face!!

Also, I dont know if you are on borth control, but there are some that can help your skin!

I would go for natural remidies until you consult a Dr. Lemon or salt water can do wonders!!

Good luck - I suffered many years from Acne, I know it can be hard!

mimimom

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 12:06 pm
Keep everything SCRUPULOUSLY clean! (Skin, brushes, and anything else that comes in contact with your skin, including pillow cases, snoods, etc) If you must wear makeup try Bare Minerals. The matte foundation covers a bit AND absorbs some oil.
I recently came into some Proactiv (I wouldn't has spend the money otherwise) and it is really very good. I like that the products use a variety of medications for acne; one has benzol peroxide, one has salicylic acid (doesn't burn at all), and the mask uses sulfur, so if one doesn't help one of the others will. It has helped my middle aged acne a lot, and I can use more of one or the other depending on whether my skin is getting too dry (an issue for us geriatric acne sufferers. ) Wink
I've had acne ever since I hit puberty (probably LONG before you were born) and I've tried everything. Proactiv has worked the best for me. (You could also buy a variety of products using the same medications I expect)

Dini20

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 8:42 pm
If you want a great dermatologist in brooklyn, PM me

amother

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 8:53 pm
What works for my DH, who unfortunately has battled adult acne for a while:

AcneFree Severe Acne Treatment system (you can get it at Target or Harmons - we put it on Amazon subscribe and save)
Frequent pillow case changes
And, since his hair is greasy too and that contributes to his skin problems, I found this (which can also be used for the body). Read the comments people say about it!shampoo bar

This combo has had his skin very clear lately.

leah66

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 9:33 pm
You might want to try a dermatologist. You can get a prescription for Retin-A which is quite strong (so do some research before using.)

Everyone's skin is different, and what works for one person might not work for another.
For me this cheap cleanser was great, while Clinique and Proactive were not. You can try reading reviews online (amazon.com, makeupalley.com) and buying one drugstore product at a time. Or you can try department store acne lines which have the advantage of money back guarantees.

The 2 basic acne fighting ingredients are salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide, benzyl peroxide being stronger. There is also AHA and sulfur. You can find these ingredients in scrubs, exfoliators, cleansers, toners, serums, creams, and spot treatments.

You can also try masks, peels, tea tree oil, facials, microdermabrasion, light therapy, and laser treatment.

good luck

granolamom

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 9:51 pm
my acne isnt severe but bad enough that I can feel your pain.
finally I stumbled upon loreal foundation with retinol (I'm guessing a less potent form of the prescription retinA). its marketed to minimize fine lines but it keeps my skin in check. I can see the difference on shabbos when I dont wear it, the pimples start to pop up.
doesnt do anything for my fine lines though.

mimimom

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 11:22 am
Just be aware: Retin A can NOT be used by pregnant--or may become pregnant--women! Be sure that any doctor prescribing this knows your birth control situation--otherwise they often assume that all women are on the Pill.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 11:34 am
I have yet to find a product that really makes acne better without making my skin dry.

I can go weeks with nothing, and then suddenly, argh, two or three arrive! Some products help, but they don't prevent the zits from coming.

For now I found Avene to be good. But my dermatologist basically said, if you are not on BC, you can't take the most efficient things. And often they are unhealthy anyway.

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 10:11 pm
I love Johnson's Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin astringent. Used twice a day, in the morning and at night, it works better for me than a lot of more expensive products.

Four important points I am militant about:
1)Keep hair and headgear very clean to prevent forehead and "sideburn" acne
2)Never ever ever sleep in makeup. Always remove it with a makeup removal wipe so you can see when it's truly all been removed (when the wipes shows up clean) and then follow with the astringent.
3)Use only makeup that is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
4)When you have a breakout, do not use a scrub - it will make things worse. I actually don't scrub at all, ever.

I don't moisturize either. All moisturizer gives me breakouts - I'll stick with my dry itchy patches, they're easier to disguise with makeup.
If I get extra dry, like in winter, I cut down to using the astringent only once a day, before bed.

pumpkin pie

Post Sun, Aug 05 2012, 6:55 pm
I have adult onset acne, and I have tried everything, so here are my reviews:
-birth control (zara, nuva ring)= almost completely clear, but can't use when want to get pregnant, pregnant, nursing, etc
-diet change( no sugar or milk, lots of fish, protein, whole wheat)= cut acne by half
-many, many, homeopathic remedies (organic apple cider vinegar, mint tea, teas, etc)= not really, maybe the mint tea worked some
-over the counter creams such as benzoyl peroxide, sasyilic acid, ect)=not at all
-topical and oral antibiotics=no
-retin-A based products including differin (can't use when pregnant)= worked some
-zeno= no
-laser treatments=made skin less oily for very short time and made current acne heal quickly, completely not worth the cost
-and other things that the dermatologist perscribed me that I am forgetting
-out of desperation, 8 weeks ago I tried the regimin on acne.org, and it has actually worked pretty well, about as good as the birth control. basically, you have to follow the directions excatly, wash with mild soap, large quanity of benzyl peroxide, and moisturize (the site gives exact diredtions). Thousands of people reviewed the regimin with pics, and the best is that it is ok to do when pregnant (ask your doc).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics