Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Recipe for calzone /pizza dough

acemom

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 7:16 am
Is the dough for pizza and calzone "interchangeable"?
I would love to get a recipe for either that can be baked in a small toaster oven. Preferably the recipe should be for 2 servings (unless dough can be frozen).
Thank you

smss

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 7:28 am
Use a regular pizza dough recipe.

Pizza dough freezes GREAT (I've been told you can also prepare the calzones and freeze them unbaked).

acemom

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:07 am
Would anyone mind posting an easy recipe please?

chanahlady

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:56 am
acemom wrote:
Would anyone mind posting an easy recipe please?

I use this one ALL THE TIME and love it. I can even recite it from memory, that's how much I love it!

Combine 3 tsp of yeast and 2 tsp of sugar in a bowl. Pour in 1 cup of warm (110 degrees or so) water and let sit until bubbling, about 5 mins.

Then pour in a dash of salt.

With a spoon, mix in about 2 3/4 cups of flour, one cup at a time to make it easier. I usually do one cup of whole-wheat, and the rest unbleached white. Mix until the dough comes together, then knead for a few minutes in the bowl. Add a little flour at a time until you can knead comfortably, without it being too sticky. When the dough looks smooth, cover it with a cloth and let it sit in a warmish place for about 45 mins to an hour.

Spray the pizza pan with cooking spray. When the dough is ready, turn it out into the pan and pat it into the shape you want. Or shape it into calzones. Add toppings, then cook about 25 minutes in a 400-degree oven.

sky

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:00 am
Someone posted a recipe a while ago for a dough that doesn't have to rise and is very quick. I'd love that recipe. Many times I think to make pizza but don't have an hour for it to rise.

tizunabi

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:44 am
This is a non-rising recipe that my friend sent me a few months ago

3 c flour ( I think we did two whole wheat and one white),
2 tbsp sugar ( we used brown sugar),
1 tsp salt,
2 tbsp oil,
1 c warm waterr,
1 package (the small indiviDualized pkgs)of active dry yeast or 1 1/2 tbsps from the bigger pkg of quick yeast.
Combine dry ingredients including yeast. Mix in oil and warm water. Knead for a few min, adding a bit of flour if necessary.

Spread out onto a large pizza pan, top with sauce and cheese etc. Bake at 375 for 15-25 min(depending on ur oven and how melted u like the cheese).

We made 3 smaller pizzas cuz we put them in the toaster oven and got creative with the toppings..enjoy!

acemom

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 2:20 pm
Thank you everyone for your input! Very Happy

acemom

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:00 pm
tizunabi wrote:
This is a non-rising recipe that my friend sent me a few months ago

3 c flour ( I think we did two whole wheat and one white),
2 tbsp sugar ( we used brown sugar),
1 tsp salt,
2 tbsp oil,
1 c warm waterr,
1 package (the small indiviDualized pkgs)of active dry yeast or 1 1/2 tbsps from the bigger pkg of quick yeast.
Combine dry ingredients including yeast. Mix in oil and warm water. Knead for a few min, adding a bit of flour if necessary.

Spread out onto a large pizza pan, top with sauce and cheese etc. Bake at 375 for 15-25 min(depending on ur oven and how melted u like the cheese).

We made 3 smaller pizzas cuz we put them in the toaster oven and got creative with the toppings..enjoy!

Followed the instructions but for some reason I flopped miserably embarrassed Sad 25 minutes was too little as the dough was raw and when I added more time it became so dried out.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals