Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Magic Mill 6 Qt. Slow Cooker vs. West Band 5 Qt. Slow Cooker

snowhite

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 10:26 am
Does anyone have any advice as to which one is better? Or any experiences with either that they like or do not like.....? any info would be appreciated...! TIA!!

smoms

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 11:08 am
Overall, I think the WestBend is better quality. However, I found the Westbend cooking to be very uneven. It always burned the food in the center, while the sides barely cooked through. But, last time I used a Westbend was about 5 years ago, so they might have resolved that issue since then.

I like the Magic Mill mainly because of the cover and the way it cooks. See my post on this thread for my more detailed opinion about its pros and cons:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....olent

Just one thing I want to make you aware of. I bought a new 6 quart Magic Mill before Pesach and the pot only measured barely 5 quarts. I called the company to complain and they told me that they were only just made aware about the deficiency and they will replace it for me once they get in a new shipment. I did not call them back yet to verify whether they received the new shipment or not. Just double check in the store before buying. (The real old shipment before the damaged ones should be only around $55, not $65, so if you can find that, it's probably the right size)

snowhite

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 11:18 am
Thanks so much!!

snowhite

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 11:24 am
so I did not actually buy this crock pot...it was a gift. I dont think I particularly care whether its the right size as advertised but do you think I should still call them? are they going to ask me for receipts or anything like that? and would they still replace it if I have used it...?

snowhite

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 11:38 am
also, what setting do you keep your magic mill on over shabbos? and when do you put it up?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen