Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Baruch HaShem-publicly thanking HaShem!
1  2  Next

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 10:50 pm
Today was not a good day, but it could have been much worse.

DD, who is almost 3, was not listening this morning and making a mess, so I told her we couldnt go to shul until she cleaned up. After a while of her not cleaning, I noticed her nose was running so I told her to go get a tissue. She went to get one from the bathroom, but then I heard a crash. I ran to the bathroom and saw that she somehow pulled the top half of the cabinet that sits behind the toilet (it is 2 parts for assembling) it fell down. She had been on the closed toilet and she fell off and somehow the cabinet swung 180 degrees and landed on the floor next to her-thank G-d not on top of her and she was sandwich between the cabinet and the porcelain bathtub...miraculously not hitting her head on the tub. She was a little scraped up, but looking at what happened it was a total neis that 1)she missed hitting the tub with her head and 2) the cabinet missed falling on her. The way she and the cabinet landed should have been impossible. She could have gotten major cuts, broken bones or a concussion, yet all she got was a small (already gone) goose egg, and a little bit of a scrape that didnt even bleed.

Then tonight, once she was in bed, she was fooling around and fell on the floor, hitting hear head and getting a horrible bloody nose. It isnt broken but she got blood everywhere and we had to get the blood stopped, make sure her mouth wasnt bleeding (some blood got in her mouth so we couldnt tell if there was a cut there as well), get her calmed, and then had to clean up. The bleeding stopped almost as soon as we cleaned her up and applied pressure. The floor, wall (not sure how), all the sheets/comforter/ her clothes were all bloody. Again, Baruch Hashem, she is ok (seems like I have been thanking G-d quite a bit today)

So I am publicly thanking HaShem for keeping my little girl safe today -twice- once in a big way!

Fabulous

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 10:52 pm
Wow!! Please check your mezuzos that sounds very spooky.

gila-rina

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 11:00 pm
scary Hug to both of you

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 11:12 pm
http://i97.photobucket.com/alb.....9.png

now note the way I have the door of the cabinet. If you think about it, it should have fallen straight, and the door would have been facing the sink. The cabinet had to flip around as it was falling for it to be in that position

mummy-bh

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 1:14 am
wow! Boruch Hashem!

It's said that every child has a malach looking over them. Looks like your daughter's malach worked overtime yesterday!

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 2:33 am
w/ my dd I used to say that we bentch gomel after they are born & it's supposed to last them till their bar/bas mitsva!

chani8

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:59 am
Maybe you should watch on her a little better??

A 3 year old alone in the bathroom?

A rambunctious 3 year old alone in her bedroom while still awake?

We can't protect our kids from every possible scenario, but there are basics.

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 4:19 am
chani, do you have kids? It's ok to send a 3yo to get a tissue & who said she was alone in her room? are you saying never ever turn your back on a toddler? cuz she could fall off a couch too. according to you I should be bringing all 3 kids into the bathroom with me & into my room if I need to change & into the kitchen if 1 needs a drink.....

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 4:37 am
chani8 wrote:

I disagree with your "basics", yes, a three year old child can go get a tissue alone and be left alone in her room too.
I would keep more of an eye on an 18 month old, but a 3 year old?
A mother of little ones wouldn't have a minute to breathe if we had to supervise our 3 year olds every minute of the day.

Bliss

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 4:41 am
B"H! These kids live on nissim every day, but sometimes we see it very clearly.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 4:43 am
chani8 wrote:

Do/did you watch your 3 year olds every second of the day? Or every time they went to get a tissue.
Things happen. We do the best we can to keep our children safe. We cant be watching all of our children every second of every day.

chani8

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:01 am
If I had a child that sounds as rambunctious as this, I would follow them everywhere and safety proof the house better.

I am not trying to make OP feel guilty. It seems to me that she had a wake up call, twice in one day, and that she should start supervising this kid better.

And I am a foster mother. I have a 4, 3.5yo, and a 2 yo, and I watch on them in the bathroom and have tissues accessable outside of the bathroom. A bathroom has a lot of potential dangers for little kids.

And when any of my kids get hurt, I have a social worker to answer to. I would have to explain why the child fell off the couch. Well, it just so happens that my 2 yo has a self-destructive streak and purposely falls out of chairs. So guess what? I don't allow her to sit in chairs tall enough for her to fall out of. But while visiting her mother for 1 hour, she fell out of a chair and now has a big gash on her knee.

One more thing for you imamothers with a bunch of little ones (btdt), just because your 3yo is your oldest, just keep a perspective that 3 is very very little.

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 10:11 am
Even my very over protective parents didn't watch me all day and didn't wait in my room until I slept!
The very few people who think that way have only one child, or maybe like a 10 yr gap between two kids. They would have to.

I'm sorry, but not so surprised, that the social workers don't get it when it's about fostering. They ask the craziest stuff and as a result kids don't get fostered. Shame.

merelyme

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 10:14 am
Ima2NYM_LTR, I'm glad your dd is well. You should have lots of nachas.

Please ignore inappropriate comments.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 10:21 am
This is why I bubble wrap my kids every morning.

Kidding! People, don't forget that kids have three parents- mom, dad and G-d. If we do our part well, we can leave them in the hands of G-d sometimes. I find He does a better job of protecting them than I do, anyway.

chani8

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 10:45 am
You'd leave a three year old to fall asleep by herself, Ruchel? We rarely leave the 4 yo alone even though it sometimes takes hours for her to fall asleep. Whenever we get lazy, we regret it. We have beautiful crayola on the wall pictures to show for it (signed by her, even, and too cute to scrub off). Anyway, we always sat in the room or by the bedroom door (where they could see us) until the kids fell asleep, even when I was a young busy mom of 5. I suppose I am one of those fearful overprotective mothers.

chani8

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 10:47 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
This is why I bubble wrap my kids every morning.

Why didn't I think of that?? Wink

chocolate chips

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 10:51 am
merelyme wrote:
Ima2NYM_LTR, I'm glad your dd is well. You should have lots of nachas.

Please ignore inappropriate comments.

Yes Yes

Chani8 first of all it makes a big difference when the kids are not your own and you have to answer to other people. And a 3 year old IS OLD ENOUGH to get a tissue from the bathroom and even go to toilet herself. Yes you have to keep an eye/ear out all the time but you CAN leave them alone!
and second of all, this was NOT a thread asking for opinions about what she did she was thanking hashem. If you don't agree, don't stick your nose in where it isn't asked for.

Raisin

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 11:05 am
chani8 wrote:
You'd leave a three year old to fall asleep by herself, Ruchel? We rarely leave the 4 yo alone even though it sometimes takes hours for her to fall asleep. Whenever we get lazy, we regret it. We have beautiful crayola on the wall pictures to show for it (signed by her, even, and too cute to scrub off). Anyway, we always sat in the room or by the bedroom door (where they could see us) until the kids fell asleep, even when I was a young busy mom of 5. I suppose I am one of those fearful overprotective mothers.

Well, I guess those of us who have a few children close in age should just give them up to be fostered becasue I really do not see how a mother can keep 24hour surveillence on a child.

I imagine foster children in general have many more issues and therefore need a closer eye kept on them.

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 12:47 pm
Chani, I honestly have never ever heard of such thing, to watch a child until he falls asleep at 3. I am sorry, it sounds abnormal to me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics