Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Desperately Need Good Dermatologist- Jerusalem

Sara255

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 11:54 pm
Can someone please recommend an excellent dermatologist in Jerusalem to treat my husband's severe eczema/ dermatitis? Preferably covered by Meuchedet. We have already been to Goldenhersh. Thanks in advance.

hila

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 12:02 am
Lois Feinerman (meuchedet)

Strawberry2

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 1:35 am
Livshin- 5380528

lilacdreams

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 2:12 am
about the excema - I have also suffered my whole life on and off. Have you tried cutting out things like yeast? I find yeast really triggers it. (ALso to a lesser extent any vegetable of the deadly nightshade famly)
I also have a friend whose husband had it very severly - he cut out yeast 100% from his diet (only eats matzahs for lechem) and it has basically disappeared. Goldenhirch has helped me with my excema but as you know its all just treating the symptoms with cortisone and if youc an find a trigger it might help him better in the long run.

Sara255

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:16 am
Thanks for the recommendations! Yes, we've tried literally everything. He has gone to two dermatologists in Jerusalem and one in New York. We have cortisones, steroids, aquaeous and moisturizers, Dead Sea products, I'm sure I"m missing more... He also went to a homeopath who told him to cut out white sugar, white flour, dairy, eggplant, tomatoes, oily foods.... I can't even remember the whole list. She also gave us homeopathic drops and creams. Nothing he has done helped. Now he can't sleep from itchiness and his face is flaming. He's at his wit's end and we are trying another doctor in hope of some improvement. I researched Dr. Feinerman and she seems very good, but was unable to get an appointment yet. What is Dr. Livshin like and where is his/her office? Does anyone have any other recommendations?

hila

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:19 am
She sees in Efrat - I think on tuesdays and usually has appointments. maybe it is worth the ride out ?

kalsee

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:22 am
Dr. Sagi is excellent-but you can usually only get an appointment for 1-2 months away.

Sara255

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:34 am
I might be able to get an appointment with Dr. Feinerman tomorrow. I googled Dr. Sagi, and two dermatologists came up. Did you mean Lior Sagi in Tel Hashomer or Ephraim Sagi in Hebrew U?

kalsee

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:39 am
אפרים שגיא - מאוחדת
he sees patients in two locations - call *3833 and find out more details/

Sara255

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 2:14 am
I just wanted to thank you for your suggestions. We ended up getting an appointment with Dr. Feinerman and she is just amazing. We really love her and are so grateful to her for literally turning around my husband's condition. He ended up having a severe infection on his face and needed strong antibiotics, steroids and moisturizers just to get it under control. This infection went undiagnosed for months! She is so humble, caring and sweet, and you can tell she really wants to help. She is also so competent and knowledgeable and I love that she doesn't dismiss homeopathy and natural medicine. She is one of the nicest and most open minded doctors I ever met. Too bad all doctors aren't like her.... (I wish my OB was more like her in fact. wtvr. )

anonymrs

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 2:20 am
Glad you had a positive experience with the dermatologist. Eczema often comes from allergies. Has your husband ever seen an allergist?

tizunabi

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 2:30 am
Sara255 wrote:
I just wanted to thank you for your suggestions. We ended up getting an appointment with Dr. Feinerman and she is just amazing. We really love her and are so grateful to her for literally turning around my husband's condition. He ended up having a severe infection on his face and needed strong antibiotics, steroids and moisturizers just to get it under control. This infection went undiagnosed for months! She is so humble, caring and sweet, and you can tell she really wants to help. She is also so competent and knowledgeable and I love that she doesn't dismiss homeopathy and natural medicine. She is one of the nicest and most open minded doctors I ever met. Too bad all doctors aren't like her.... (I wish my OB was more like her in fact. wtvr. )

(She's also a lactation consultant, btw...)

Sara255

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 3:30 am
She is? OMG! wow I will keep that in mind.

Yes, he's been to allergists, dermatologists, internists, homeopathics, quacks, etc. Dr. Feinerman actually said he was the worst case she has seen in a long time.

Dimpled

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 2:13 am
Is doctor feinerman good with children? I need to take my 3 yo dd to a dermatologist and would prefer someone whose good with children. We Are also Meuchedet. Thanks so much!

etky

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 5:11 am
I've been to her quite a bit recently with my teenager and she is great - not at all condescending or intimidating. I can't imagine that with younger kids she'd be otherwise (or that you'd find anyone nicer).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions