Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What to wear?

TzipporahN

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 7:12 am
We're invited to a non-frum (orthodox chupah and kosher catering) family wedding on the East Coast in a couple of weeks. The dress code is listed as Lounge (Formal). I'm trying to figure out what I and my 12 yo dd should wear. I'm nursing, so it has to be a two-piece for me. I'm concerned about turning up either overdressed or underdressed. Any guidance?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 9:23 am
I would wear a dressy Shabbos outfit.

Pencil skirt with a pretty blouse. I'm thinking of a sheer (over a shell, obviously) white tunic-shaped blouse I have that has little black flowers and black lace along all the edges. Nice jewelry and heels.

Or a seuqined or ruffled cardigan with a pencil skirt. Again, nice jewelry and heels.

MamaBear

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 9:44 am
If you wear a basic neutral colored outfit, you could actually just bring two sets of accessories, one dressy one "nice" and just use what seems most appropriate.

Unless it states black tie, I've found such a mix of attire at non frum weddings.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 10:36 am
I would say one of your nicer shabbos outfits (not a black top with a plain black skirt) perhaps a nice skirt with a sparkly top (color is also nice!)

Same for your daughter.

tsiggelle

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 8:20 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I would wear a dressy Shabbos outfit.

Pencil skirt with a pretty blouse. I'm thinking of a sheer (over a shell, obviously) white tunic-shaped blouse I have that has little black flowers and black lace along all the edges. Nice jewelry and heels.

Or a seuqined or ruffled cardigan with a pencil skirt. Again, nice jewelry and heels.

why davka pencil skirt?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics