Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Newly toilet trained DS and tzitzis

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 4:46 pm
DS is 3.5 and he (finally) basically toilet trained. He wears underwear everyday, and he is pretty much accident free. He does get distracted (a lot) and he does need to be reminded to go to the bathroom, but he's doing pretty well. We put on tzitzis once a few weeks ago, and he was having trouble keeping his strings out of the toilet, while simultaneously making sure he didn't spray the entire bathroom and need a change of clothes. Are there any tricks I should know? DS has been asking about tzitzis again, because most of the kids his age wear tzitzis (and they also all seem to wear them out). This is my first (and so far, only) DS, so I can use any available advice. Thanks!

forever21

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:24 pm
I have the same problem. My son is capable of going to the bathroom himself as he does it in in school but at home he calls me to help him 'bec of his tzitzis'. You just have to show him how to hold it when he goes to the bathroom. My son insists I hold them while he goes.

sped

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:28 pm
I've seen boys with their tztzis tied up under their arms so they stay away. But then they didn't wear theirs out.

frumamn

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 11:15 pm
I tie my boys tzitzis together at their sides with tiny ponytail holders. It keeps the tzitzis looking neat, always hanging perfectly by their sides, and also helps keep them falling into the toilet cuz they can hang them over the sides of the toilet.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 11:27 pm
If he wears t-shirt tzitzis and doesn't wear them out, you can put them inside their little wash pockets

bamamama

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 12:54 am
frumamn wrote:
I tie my boys tzitzis together at their sides with tiny ponytail holders. It keeps the tzitzis looking neat, always hanging perfectly by their sides, and also helps keep them falling into the toilet cuz they can hang them over the sides of the toilet.

This. My boys didn't have a problem with tzitzit in the toilet until they started wearing the neatzit (tshirt style) which we love for other reasons but not for this...

buzz

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 8:50 am
My boys go sitting down and there is no problem there. My older one 4 just started going standing up in kinder and tucks it in his shirt, rolls it up and holds it there, same as if was sitting down...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers