Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Salmon lovers- what's your Shabbos recipe?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 12:54 pm
I'd love to hear everyone's variations on Shabbos salmon recipes.
Also, other than separating the portions with parchment paper, what do you do to keep the portions neat and prevent one piece from sticking to the next?

Thanks in advance!

Flowerchild

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 1:01 pm
this is what I make
tomatoes cut in to small pieces, tomato sauce, sugar, white wine, slat, pepper, corriander or parsley(depending on my mood) cook the tomatoes tomato sauce, sugar and salt and pepper untill well blanded and the sauce developes a sweet flavor, then add salmon pieces one by one, sprinkle with wine a good sprinkle and let cook untill fish is cooked through, then sprinkel with finely chopped parsley or corriander.

sometimes I add, sliced black olives, capers it adds very nice flavor as well.

redhot

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 1:08 pm
what is a 'shabbos salmon recipe'? at what point do u serve salmon on shabbos?

I have agreat salmon recipe but its not specifically for shabbos. I make it for dinner during the week.

Mevater

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 1:16 pm
sthillmom wrote:
what is a 'shabbos salmon recipe'? at what point do u serve salmon on shabbos?

I have agreat salmon recipe but its not specifically for shabbos. I make it for dinner during the week.

It's served together or instead of gefilte fish, as the appetizer.
It has to be
1- pareve (no cheese, butter), and
2- taste good straight out of the fridge
3- easy to separate the portions neatly
4- not be so elaborate that you wouldn't be hungry for anything afterwards.

Esther01

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 1:51 pm
I make a delicious marinated salmon! YUMMMMMMM!!!!

here's my recipe. (I usually do it on wed. night or thursday morning. the longer it's in its marinate the better it'll taste.)

cook salmon fillet slices for 12 minutes boil. let cool completely.

in container (I put it into a pirex that has a cover) combine
1 cup boiling water
1 cup vinigar
1/2 cup sugar
1 spanish onion sliced
a handful pickling spice (I put the pickling spice into a cheese cloth so that it doesn't get all over the place, just gives off the taste)

place cooled salmon, let marinate.

it is so delicious I can't tell you enough. and as you see pretty easy too.

there's another salmon recipe that I love, I don't have the recipe, if you want it I can get it from my MIL. let me know

mumof1

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 3:43 pm
esther I do the same its great

SZ mother

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 4:05 pm
I have very easy and iamy recipe:

Salmon Teryaki

One big filet
Teryaki sauce
Ginger Powder
Shallows
Onions (1)
GArlic Powder
Diet MAple Syrup (optional)

You just pour everyhting on top of the salmon and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes 350F.
Don't let it dry!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 10:33 am
In seminary, I used to make a friend salmon with lots of veggies (zucchini, pepper, garlic, whatever was in the fridge), and smear it with a honey, mustard, mayo, water mixture...bake it covered, and it's delicious hot and cold.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 10:42 am
What have I done wrong when the pieces get shriveled looking after baking?

Also, what do you do to prevent the pieces getting stuck together when baking?Often I make alot at a time and I'd have to use many foil tins to accomodate the quantity without overlapping.

The restaurants' and caterers' salmon portions look so perfect.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 10:45 am
A catering companies probably steam their salmon.

I think someone above mentioned boiling the salmon.. that makes it come out nice also

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 10:49 am
Poach the salmon is also an alternative.

This is a glaze that I make for the salmon fillets. The recipe says it's good for 2 6-oz. pieces.

2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Here is another recipe I've found to be great. Instead of grilling the salmon, I bake or poach it.

4 8 ounce salmon fillets, skinless

Honey Pepper Sauce:
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup pineapple juice
juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy. Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn't bubble over. Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat. Rub each salmon filet with vegetable oil, then add a light sprinkling of salt and pepper. Grill the salmon for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done. Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side. Serves 4.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 10:19 am
I just take salmon steaks (or fillets) put them in disposable pan - pour some soy sauce - sprinkle garlic and broil for 30 min. Delicious out of oven or fridge.

Basya

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 10:23 am
Salmon Filet-

sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder and drizzle with soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. Bake uncovered on 350 for about 30 min.

Delish!

Mevater

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 10:30 am
For those that do a whole baby salmon at a time, what do you make it in that accomodates all the portions, and keeps them neat and separated ? How do you store it afterwards?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 11:28 am
Sweet & Sour Salmon

Sautee one or two onions in a big pot. Add a cup of sugar and cook until brown. Add a little oil if this makes you nervous. This will take 15 minutes or so.

Add four to six slices of salmon. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup vinegar, and three cups water. Add three bay leaves, a tsp salt, and about 6 tablespoons MORE sugar.

Let cook for about 40 minutes. Eat cold. Will stay good for 2 weeks in fridge!

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 11:43 am
I usually douse it in marinara/pasta sauce, with a ton of spices and bake it in an aluminan pan until it is ready. And it comes out reallly good.

R&RMom

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 7:49 am
I have the easiest/yummiest salmon recipe..
you take a jar of Mikee Sesame Teriyake Sauce and Pour it over the Salmon (about 6-8 pieces per jar). Cover and let bake on 350 degrees for 1 hour. If you want to serve it in a fancy way, just put it over a bed of couscous.
This can be eaten hot, warm, or cold.
Enjoy!!!

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 11:59 pm
Esther01 wrote:
I make a delicious marinated salmon! YUMMMMMMM!!!!

here's my recipe. (I usually do it on wed. night or thursday morning. the longer it's in its marinate the better it'll taste.)

cook salmon fillet slices for 12 minutes boil. let cool completely.

in container (I put it into a pirex that has a cover) combine
1 cup boiling water
1 cup vinigar
1/2 cup sugar
1 spanish onion sliced
a handful pickling spice (I put the pickling spice into a cheese cloth so that it doesn't get all over the place, just gives off the taste)

place cooled salmon, let marinate.

it is so delicious I can't tell you enough. and as you see pretty easy too.

there's another salmon recipe that I love, I don't have the recipe, if you want it I can get it from my MIL. let me know

Esther:
Can you get pickling spice for Pesach, or if not can I substitute something else for it?

Thanks,
[/code]

shoy18

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 8:27 am
Its called King if the Sea on Nostrand and J, they grill for free in yummy sauces, and they out each piece in a separate piece of silver foil!

purplegirl

Post Wed, Jul 11 2007, 11:53 am
letsbehonest wrote:
For those that do a whole baby salmon at a time, what do you make it in that accomodates all the portions, and keeps them neat and separated ? How do you store it afterwards?

I just came across this searching for salmon recipes - (I copied many of them - thanks for the great ideas, ladies!) - and see it's gone unanswered.

I bake many pieces at a time. If I do it in liquid, like the Pickled Salmon recipe, then when it's ready, even though the pieces are side by side, I nudge them with the serving utensils and they come apart fine. I lift them with a cake server utensil, triangular shaped, you know?

If the salmon is not in liquid and will stick, I guess you'd have to place them farther apart on the tray, even using two if you need to.

Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics