Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! Baby with hemorrhoids, in a lot of pain

amother

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:02 am
She is seven months, has reflux and been put on a prescription formula for it. this formula causes constipation and is taking laxatives for that. been to dr 4 times and tried 2 creams. the first cream is a cortisone/steroids low dose, I've been putting it twice a day for weeks and nothing. the dr gave me a different cream, more for adult hemorrhoids but she was screaming most of the night from it.

I don't know what to do. I've been putting her in the bath every few hours.

I will go back to the dr tomorrow but he also suggested I meet with a surgeon. I really don't want to.

please any suggestions? she is in a lot of pain.

chizuk

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:12 am
go to alternative medicine, reflexology works wonders with reflux issues, and they might be able to relax her intestines to let her go. al;so if you are nursing, changes might need to made in your diet to avoid giving her acid issues. good luck

cbt

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:31 am
I don't know much about reflux in babies but was wondering if you've reevaluated if the reflux is still a problem and if she needs to be on special formula for it.

amother

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:39 am
I will try to see if the reflux has improved, but now want to focus on getting the hemorrhoids under control.

amother

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 10:09 am
bump

bamamama

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 10:46 pm
You said she's 7 months. Is she only on formula or has she started solids yet? Rice cereal has a very constipating effect on my kids. One kid can only eat a small amount of carbs before he has painful bowel movements. If the formula is constipating her to the point where she can't go, in your shoes I'd stop the formula until I could talk to my doctor and give her applesauce or yogurt or apricots instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics