Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
ISO good broadway show?

cutegal

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:16 pm
Has anyone seen a new broadway show recently and can recommend something? I dont want lion king or mary poppins - can be a musical but something adults would enjoy.

Thanks!

1Life2Live

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:18 pm
I've been to these recently and highly recommend them:

Wicked
Phantom of the Opera
Memphis

We saw Billy Elliot but the language was crude and I didn't like it nearly as much as the others.

bigsis144

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:23 pm
Go see Newsies!! Its run got extended to August, so see it while you can.

I haven't seen it yet (my grandmother bought tickets to take me and my sister in August), but my cousin saw it and said it's AWESOME. I'm a big fan of the movie and music, and I'm excited to see how it was adapted.

bwaybabe85

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 1:19 pm
If you are interested in a musical, I'd recommend Anything Goes. If you want a play instead, I'd recommend One Man Two Guvnors (it's a hilarious comedy).

In response to previous posts: Billy Elliot closed months ago, and Newsies is an open-ended run (it's not closing in August).

STovah

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 8:25 pm
I would love to see Newsies or the Book of Mormon (language issues in the latter though).

bananasplit

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 9:40 pm
I saw newsies it was awesome!!

dimples

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 9:54 pm
I love mama mia and wicked, I really enjoyed both!

I also want to see newsies next, I always said that movie NEEDS to go on broadway Very Happy

bigmomma

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 12:05 am
The cheapest tickets I've seen for newsies was $89. Are there cheaper tickets? Would LOVE to go! Where is it best to purchase tickets??

bananasplit

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 12:15 am
Thers TKTS that you can get tickets 40-50% off but you have to go there that day and see if its available.

sunny90

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 5:29 am
Wicked is AWESOME.
I've seen it twice.

Grandma 1

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 8:10 am
I've seen many Broadway shows. The one I saw most recently is "Once", which I really enjoyed.
It's been nominated for more Tony awards than any other musical this year (11), and has already won some other prominent awards. Of the other shows mentioned, I haven't seen Newsies yet. As for Wicked, it's not new, but it's also a good choice.

emmasence

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 11:15 am
Might I suggest Porgy & Bess? I haven't seen the Broadway version, but I saw this in London a few years back and it was hands-down the best piece of theater I've ever seen. Not your typical feel-good show, something a little deeper that moved and stayed with me. And it doesn't hurt that the music is excellent too.

bigsis144

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 11:47 am
bigmomma wrote:
The cheapest tickets I've seen for newsies was $89. Are there cheaper tickets? Would LOVE to go! Where is it best to purchase tickets??

Newsies Rush Policy:

Quote:
Here is how to get your rush tickets to this event:
Lottery Rush: $30 - Beginning two-and-a-half hours before every performance, patrons are invited to enter the lottery; winners will be drawn two hours before each performance. Winners may then purchase up to two $30 cash-only tickets to that day's performance. Winners must be present with valid identification at the time of the drawing. The lottery will be offered before every performance other than the opening-night performance. Entries are checked for duplication prior to drawing. Winners must be present at the time of the drawing and show valid ID to purchase tickets. Limit one entry per person and two tickets per winner.

http://broadwayworld.com/artic.....20301

rae gi

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 12:05 pm
I don't know if it's still playing, but about 2 years ago I saw Royal Family on Broadway. Absolutely amazing and funny/ If you can make it for Wednesday matinee, you will have the best seating choices which are center orchestra. Have fun and oh yeah...............give my regards to Broadway! Party
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics