Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Neighbor In My Apt Bldg Left 18 Month Old Son in Highchair
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, May 25 2012, 1:25 am
I once left my almost 8 year old in bed fast asleep while I ran down to take a younger child off the bus. I called the bus company before I went down and asked them to let me know when the bus was out front so the time I left my son sleeping alone was absolutely minimal.
Was this a bad idea? (please don't jump down my throat).

ewa-jo

Post Fri, May 25 2012, 1:30 am
superjew wrote:
Not to hijack but nothing beats my neighbors! We were coming home one night (about 9-10pm) and we see our neighbors going on a stroll (they have a son that was about under 1 or so at the time) so I casually asked "Oh, wheres your son, whos watching him?"
They nonchalantly answer "Oh! He's sleeping in his crib" ALONE! He was home alone while they took a stroll around the block!!!!!! shock Question Rolling Eyes shock

Funny. This seems way safer to me than leaving an awake child in a highchair.

mimivan

Post Fri, May 25 2012, 1:32 am
Sherri wrote:
amother wrote:
My friend leaves her 2.5 child to play in the bathtub himself and checks on him "every so often".

Another friend goes on 1/2 hour walks w/her husband and has left 2 children sleeping. "Oh. They never wake up this time".

Mental.
I hope you've let them know what you think about they are doing. shock

yes you need to...they need to be warned to change their ways or someone else will calls social services and they lose custody...they should at least be given a chance to to improve their parenting techniques before something really serious happens.

amother

Post Fri, May 25 2012, 1:34 am
amother wrote:
I once left my almost 8 year old in bed fast asleep while I ran down to take a younger child off the bus. I called the bus company before I went down and asked them to let me know when the bus was out front so the time I left my son sleeping alone was absolutely minimal.
Was this a bad idea? (please don't jump down my throat).

8 year old and 18 month old...big diff...however, if he wakes up and no one is there, it might be traumatic.

I wonder, now we are on the subject, of what people would think about leaving an awake 9 year old with a 4 year old sibling while stepping out for five minutes? I know some girls who do some minor babysitting at 9 years old...is this so bad.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics