Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Spinoff: Photograph of kids

myself

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 5:54 pm
As a spinoff of the wedding picture thread -

Would you hang a large picture of your child(ren) in your Dining Room / Hallway?
Do you like seeing such pictures in other peoples houses?
If you don't like it, why not?

bigprincess

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 6:02 pm
Yes I would hang pictures of my kids in my dining room or hallway. (I actually printed out some already but never got to hang it up)

I don't mind other people hanging up pictures of their kids. It's their home, they have to be comfortable in it.

ElTam

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 6:20 pm
I personally don't like really large photos (8 x 10 or larger) but that's just my style. I have 5 by 7 and 4 X 6 of my children hanging up.

I would not think anything of people having pictures of their kids up regardless of their size.

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 6:47 pm
These things only bother people because they think too much and analyze. Some people do things for no reason other than they like it. Why would it bother someone?

I have pictures of my children and us hanging up in my dining room and hallway. I also have 8x10's of my kids that I take once a year and put one on top of another each year.

Fox

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 7:01 pm
I enjoy seeing pictures of people's kids, but I do think they have to be "curated" somewhat. Personally, I prefer more candid shots than posed photographs from school or simchas. As the kids get older, it's also nice to include some at each approximate stage of life.

Digital photo frames are great, but they seem to break so easily. I'm looking forward to the day when the technology is cheaper and we can have a wider variety of sizes, too.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 9:25 pm
I do like seeing pictures of other peoples kids in their home. What is there to hide?

I am not so crazy over these HUGE wall size portraits I think they are a bit over the top but a nice 7x5 or 8x10 can be nice.
I have a 10x13 of ds but I am hanging it in my room, its gorgeous ka"h and people stare enough at ds this one is for me only.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 9:53 pm
No photographs hung up. I guess we aren't the "type".

chocolate chips

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 11:25 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
No photographs hung up. I guess we aren't the "type".
My grandfather does not "hang" any pictures of living people. Pictures of the family and grandchildren are either on the bookshelves or in albums to be taken out.

I think its something to do with ayin hara.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics