Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
3 year olds and already into fads?? "Bay Blades"

amother

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 3:51 pm
My child is in a 3 year old playgroup. Every morning one child comes in with his ''bay blades'' - not sure if any of you have heard of it but it's the new 'fad' for boys. Theres some kind of piece that looks like a gun and it shoots out tops that spin and bang into each other in a basin. Is it just me or is 3 years old too young to be starting with giving into fads...

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 4:25 pm
I would be less concerned about the fad aspect and more about the gun toys aspect.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 4:35 pm
StrawberrySmoothie wrote:
I would be less concerned about the fad aspect and more about the gun toys aspect.

Yea that too - it really boggles my mind. Why must 3 yr olds be playing with things that look like guns!

MamaBear

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 5:15 pm
Our bey blades look nothing like guns...they're japanese spinning tops with a ripcord thingie that ejects the top. My boys have been playing with them for well over a yr, it's not a recent fad. They really enjoy them and other than the couple that light up, it's a nice shabbos toy. You just see who's "top" outlasts the other.

The animated series that goes with it is total junk but the toy itself is harmless.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 5:19 pm
MamaBear wrote:
Our bey blades look nothing like guns...they're japanese spinning tops with a ripcord thingie that ejects the top. My boys have been playing with them for well over a yr, it's not a recent fad. They really enjoy them and other than the couple that light up, it's a nice shabbos toy. You just see who's "top" outlasts the other.

The animated series that goes with it is total junk but the toy itself is harmless.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the toy. Just responding to the OP's description.

In any case, there is no way to get around fads. That's what they sell in the stores. Of course there are the classic toys, but you will always end up giving into some fad in one way or another.

EmesOrNT

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 6:02 pm
So funny seeing this now!!

Last week my sisters step son came over to 'play' with my boys, but he didn't wanna play anything - said the only game he likes is Bay Blades. I had no clue what he was talking about!!

newatthis

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 5:32 pm
I don't know if its so much the specific toy but just that kids even at 3 want what their friends have. My 3.5 yo daughter wants a deli sandwich if her friend has one, doesn't want to wear black because her friends say its ugly etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics