Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
So Confused...Which shaitel to buy?

momx6

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 8:59 pm
I'm getting so confused bec. everyone tells me of another place to buy not so expensive pony wigs. I'm willing to spend approx 600-800 but I dont want to get burned! I need a good quality wig bec. I wear it everyday.
So here is what I was thinking:
Isabel on Avenue K and CIA (bklyn)
Shevy
Esther Aron
Fortune Wigs

So has anyone bought a pony wig by either of the above places and are you satisfied???
Also how much did you spend?
TIA

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 7:35 pm
why ask this one and that one? go to someone you trust and be happy.

momx6

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 9:11 pm
because I dont know who to trust! At wits end

supermom!

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 9:18 pm
If these are your 4 choices and you can afford anyone of them...I feel like its a no brainer to go with the Shevy.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 9:21 pm
Shevy is a good but EXPENSIVE wig company. If they have something that you want and that fits your budget go for it.

Otherwise I have heard esther aron is meant to be quite good (customer service too).

smile85

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 11:18 pm
people tell me they have issues with their sheitels two years in....EXCEPT SHEVYS---
Ppl have them for 6-7 years!
I'd also say go with that!

otsrock

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 11:29 pm
Shevy sells pony shaitels???

MamaBear

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 8:55 am
The only expensive sheitel I ever hated was a shevy. The hair itself was nice but it never "cut well", was always too thick looking even when it wasn;t thick etc. You'll find positive and negative stories for every price range.

My new personal philosophy on sheitels is to never spend more than you can throw away and ideally go for the lower mid priced ones but with an amazing cut.

supermom!

Post Tue, May 15 2012, 8:58 am
Good philosophy!

Although ive actually found a type that I like I like so I dont mind spending the $ anymore.

Lady Elaine

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 7:07 pm
One thing to know is that all pony sheitels are not created equal. Usually ponies are made with the cheapest available hair, Chinese stripped of cuticle, bleached and dyed. That's why you get 18 inches of hair for $450 and up.

Before you buy any pony, I would ask what kind of processing the hair has undergone. Always choose a cuticle intact wig above a cuticle stripped wig. It looks much more natural, and it lasts much longer.

I've seen ponys sold by high-end sheitel companies for $1,300, and they are definitely not the regular hair that the brand uses. So just know that you are not getting the same thing as when you buy a regular wig.

Hatzlacha raba!

Prez

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 8:04 pm
Isabel, I had one - spent 500$, lasted 2 years, although it did not look so great after a year- the color wasnt grt, didnt hold dye well, and looked 'wiggy'.

momx6

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 8:10 pm
op here,
so bottom line is: if you pay 1,000+ you'll get a good wig that should look great and last a few years????
Am I wrong?

Prez

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 8:56 pm
I think a pony does get ruined faster- being that the hair is in ponys, buns etc. That said, I am happy I got a cheaper one, because I wear my pony everyday, inn the rain, heat etc.. So I expect it to be abused. If you can afford an expensive one- by which I mean top of the line, then great. However, if you are deciding between a med priced one or cheaper one- I would go with the cheaper. Even if you want to get a new one after a year and a half, (500x2)you are spending the same as a med priced one. (around 1000). And they will prob last for the same amount of time. Just btw- For wearing reg sheitel down, I would say go with the most you want to spend- in your budget. For a pony- cheaper.
As a side not, I just got a new pony for 325. I cut it in a different style than my previous pony, and will enjoy it as long as it lasts!

momx6

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 11:29 pm
Prez wrote:
I think a pony does get ruined faster- being that the hair is in ponys, buns etc. That said, I am happy I got a cheaper one, because I wear my pony everyday, inn the rain, heat etc.. So I expect it to be abused. If you can afford an expensive one- by which I mean top of the line, then great. However, if you are deciding between a med priced one or cheaper one- I would go with the cheaper. Even if you want to get a new one after a year and a half, (500x2)you are spending the same as a med priced one. (around 1000). And they will prob last for the same amount of time. Just btw- For wearing reg sheitel down, I would say go with the most you want to spend- in your budget. For a pony- cheaper.
As a side not, I just got a new pony for 325. I cut it in a different style than my previous pony, and will enjoy it as long as it lasts!

I also wear my pony wig EVERY day! But I still need it to look normal! Thats why I'm willing to spend like $800 if necessary. I just dont want to have to buy another one in 2 years or my dh will have my head!

Has anyone bought a pony at esther aron?

vintik

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 9:25 am
Review of Gali's Couture Wigs: I bought 2 wigs already! You could get stunning hair for 800, and up. I bought from the 800 line -really high quality, and I have paid 3,600 previously in another place!
I never expected to get such stunning high quality wigs for such a low price! The reason they're affordable is that the owner Charlene started this line of wigs L'Shem Mitzvah - she vowed to help women with this mitzvah after her toddler daughter came to life after drowning and being clinically dead for over 3 minutes. She offers amazing wigs at half the going rate! Its a truly high end line, for a fraction of the cost. Charlene also treats her customers like royalty! Her contact number is 516-603-7070 and she lives in Great Neck! Seriously, I have never been this impressed!!! Mention the name VITA for a special gift...even if you dont buy anything. Feel free to ask questions.

mizle10

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 9:27 am
Shevy does NOT sell ponys. They will sell you a regular 20" sheitel which will be around $2500

ETA: unless they recently started a pony line.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels