Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Mystery shopping

amother

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 6:36 pm
have any of you tried it? how does it work?

ny21

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 6:37 pm
I would love that job!

I think you just pretend you are shopping and then you report

how the service was.

withhumor

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 6:58 pm
I love shopping for other people, with their money. I can walk to 30 stores in one hour and come out with a mountain of stuff, at the lowest possible price. I also have a unique talent for matching clothes so if I buy a weird green shirt, don’t laugh because I will find something amazing for you to match to it! Any customers?

bonzie

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 7:01 pm
what ?? what is mystery shopping?

ny21

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 7:24 pm
Company's HIRE you to shop at stores

to see if their Service was good.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 9:48 pm
I have heard it is a ton of work and pretty boring to do.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 11:10 am
Oh! I love shopping! That sounds like fun, except I don't think I'd be able to relax knowing there's someone I'm doing it for. Not the same as going shopping for your own fun.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:21 pm
Bumping this up. Have you done it? Can you recommend a reliable mystery shopping company? What has your experience been like?

imeinu

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:53 pm
do you get to keep the stuff?

flmommy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:11 pm
The ads I have seen all make you pay to joint the service and sound like a scam to me.

Eemaof3

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:53 pm
I used to do it before my current job and I loved it. No, I never paid anyone -- that would be a scam. I got paid different amounts for different stores and sometimes had to buy items but often just had to comment on customer service and store decor and set up. I even test drove some cars! I even tried some stores that I might never have tried and had fun. After a shop, I had a set amount of time in which I had to submit an evaluation on line. The only issue was you never know how often you will find a shop in your area and can sign up for it in time. I cannot remember the name of the group I used to work for but still occasionally get emails so I can update if I get the info.

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 1:15 am
I did it a lot for a while. Pay wasn't good and it was more boring than I thought it would be. I had to buy specific things they paid for.... ask specific questions and the surveys were annoying. But I did explore stores in which I'd never normally shop.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 7:31 am
I got a recruiting email from a company called Shop2go, offering a small amount of pay plus I get to keep the stuff. Sounded intriguing to me but I have no idea if it's a legitimate service. I am also wondering if you get to choose the assignments you accept. What if they want to send me to a nonkosher restaurant, or a store too hard to access with public transportation (have no car)?

cbg

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 7:53 am
I would love such a job.
Even if it doesn't pay well
I would even tag along with someone that has this job
If there's any info please let me know.
Bored SAHM with no kids that loves to shop and takes note of customer service, seeks job of mystery shopper

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 9:42 am
Bump

essie14

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 11:16 am
http://www.glassfish.co.il/

This is a mystery shopping company in Israel

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 11:31 am
essie14 wrote:
http://www.glassfish.co.il/

This is a mystery shopping company in Israel

Thanks! But I'm in NYC LOL

MrsDash

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 12:12 pm
I used to do it. I did high end hotel mystery shops, I did amusement park mystery shops, clothing stores, food places etc. Got free stuff, the hotel stays were paid for %100 plus getting paid on top of that and getting to keep the hotel points, which got me free hotel stays on top of that. The amusement park was paid for %100 plus getting paid AND getting free tickets for another visit. Free clothes. Free food. Free gas. Was so much fun! Haven't done it in some years though.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 1:13 pm
Cool what company did you work for? I would love to do that!

MrsDash

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
Cool what company did you work for? I would love to do that!

I was part of a several companies. You can pm me for the details. (I did most of these shops in the New Jersey/New York area.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics