Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
I have so much extra dill!

lamplighter

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:33 pm
I only needed a bit for a recipe and now I have all this dill left, shabbos is coming so I'd love to use it.

any ideas? Please write recipes also Smile

TIA

Happy 2B

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:36 pm
dill dip.

red_velvet

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:40 pm
Put it in your chicken soup. Adds delicious flavor. Or make dill dip.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:41 pm
I used it for the fish last shabbos- works well with either salmon or tilapia. Mayo, a few drops of lemon juice to thin it out, a few cloves of fresh crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and fresh dill. Spread in thin layer over fish, bake, and broil last couple of minutes to get crispy on top. Reserve some of the mayo mixture before contaminating it, and served on the side. It's yummy with challah too!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:42 pm
dill dip: wash well blend with mayo, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. YUM!!

sarachana

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:45 pm
lucky you! here its so expensive and dill dip takes so much dill...make the dip! it is OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD.!

lamplighter

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:55 pm
dill dip recipe?

any salad recipes that use dill? (besides potato)

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:56 pm
Fabulous wrote:
dill dip: wash well blend with mayo, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. YUM!!

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:58 pm
I like dill in cucumber salad, potato salad, and cabbage salad. yum

red_velvet

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:58 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....=dill

lamplighter

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 8:14 pm
There is no recipe for fresh dill. How much do I use? Do I use the stems?

Cucumber dill recipe sounds good, recipe?

red_velvet

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 8:21 pm
Further down the page, greatfulmom has a recipe that uses fresh dill. Yes, you use the stems too.

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 8:27 pm
lamplighter wrote:
There is no recipe for fresh dill. How much do I use? Do I use the stems?

Cucumber dill recipe sounds good, recipe?

I do cucumber slices with vineger, drop of sugar/substitute and salt. and the leaves of dill, not the stems, you could try with stems if you want.

rikki!

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 8:48 pm
If you still have them take a look at this -

Lemon Dill Couscous

Excellent dinner side dish or snacky salad. I make a large batch and keep it for snacking for a week or longer. Chopping is the most time-consuming part of this recipe.

Minutes to Prepare: 30
Minutes to Cook: 5
Number of Servings: 10

Ingredients

Couscous cooked in vegetable broth, bell peppers, toasted slivered almonds and chickpeas with as many fresh spices as you care to chop. Topped with a little olive oil and a lot of fresh lemon juice.

Directions

Add salt & pepper to vegetable broth in a medium pot. Bring broth just to a boil, remove from heat & add couscous. Cover & set aside.

Toast slivered almonds in a dry pan over low heat, stirring frequently. Set aside when browned.

Chop pepper, scallions, fresh dill, fresh basil & parsley. Add to couscous when it has cooled (a bigger dish will be necessary). Add a rinsed, drained can of chickpeas, the almonds & all remaining spices except sugar.

Squeeze about a cup of lemon juice (about 3 lemons) and add the sugar. once the sugar is dissolved, add to the couscous. Add the olive oil and stir well. Yum!

Salt can be omitted and low sodium broth used if needed.

Number of Servings: 10

Hatzlucha!

anotherima

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 8:59 pm
If you have lots of dill, you can portion it out in plastic baggies and freeze it. (I wash it first) Then when you make chicken soup you can grab some from the freezer and plunk it in. Makes life easier.

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 8:21 am
Put in chicken soup (I usually put it after the soup is cooked but while the soup is still hot. That's enough to infuse flavour).

Cook rice. Add finely chopped dill, defrosted frozen peas. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice if you want. Makes a nice side dish either served hot or room temp like rice salad

Persian coco sabji. This uses up LOADS of dill (or any other herbs for that matter) and it doesn't come out strong flavoured.
Sautee 1-2 finely chopped onion till transparent, let cool a bit. Chop dill. Beat 4-5 eggs and mix in sauteed onion and dill. Season with salt & pepper. Tip into oiled pie dish and bake at a medium to high oven for 20-30min till the top is browned and looks puffy. Crustless quiche/fritatta that can be served hot or room temp, great for picnic.

mandksima

Post Sat, Jun 09 2012, 4:01 pm
anotherima wrote:
If you have lots of dill, you can portion it out in plastic baggies and freeze it. (I wash it first) Then when you make chicken soup you can grab some from the freezer and plunk it in. Makes life easier.

This. I always have a baggie of frozen dill, parsley and cilantro in my freezer. You can pull out a pinch for a salad or a lot for a soup. I wash and chop, then freeze in a labeled bag.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics