Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Entree for shalosh seudas

mommy100

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 3:29 pm
I am making a Shalush suedos for my family and friends and I am looking for an idea of something to put ready by the places for when they come in. I don't mind to patcheka and do not want to put fresh fruit or a salad since I am putting alot of that in the center.

Any other ideas would help
Thanks

sbs

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 5:12 pm
how about a yogurt/granola cup

or salmon with angel hair pasta

there is a beautiful way to bake a wrap in a can, then lay it down with salmon and salad spilling out of it

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 5:39 pm
sbs wrote:
there is a beautiful way to bake a wrap in a can, then lay it down with salmon and salad spilling out of it

Can you elaborate on this please and explain how to do it and what it looks like? Thanks.

sbs

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 11:07 pm
you take a wrap and cut off one end so it's flat at the bottom instead of round

roll it up inside a can, so it should fill the inside of a can (like a 15 oz. tomato sauce or mushrooms, etc...) it will stick out but not evenly cuz the top is rounded, the flat side is on the bottom of the can

bake for about 10-15 minutes until crunch, that it holds its round shape

when you take it out of the can you have a toasted cylinder shape wrap, one side is flat, the other is rounded so it's longer in one spot

lay it down on a plate with the longer side on the bottom, you lay a piece of salmon coming out on the long side, you can put salad underneath it or lettuce

it's a little hard to explain and I don't have a picture so I hope I'm being clear

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 8:45 am
Firstly do you keep a hot plate/oven on?
Secondly do you want to do parve or meaty?

As for some idea, you can do

fish patties
salmon kebabs
teriyaki salmon
fish goujons (can be room temp)
quiche (mushroom, broccoli, )
pasta bake (tuna, vegetable)
shephards pie--either ground meat or vegetable protein
chicken lomein
onion and fish bhaji/pakora

Goes nicely with pasta salad, rice (I do rice with browned vermicelli that reheats nicely and you can even get golden brown crust on the bottom on a plata)

P.S. I'm not a fan of milky items for seuda shlishi, esp since it's not fair for people who keep 6hours between meat and milk and many people don't finish lunch till 3pm.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 10:23 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
I'm not a fan of milky items for seuda shlishi, esp since it's not fair for people who keep 6hours between meat and milk and many people don't finish lunch till 3pm.

Here most people finish lunch well before 1:00 and skiya is close to 8:30 pm -- plenty of time for those who wait 6 hours to eat a milchig shalosh seudos.

sunny90

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 3:28 pm
Vegetable lo mein?

elf123

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 3:36 pm
I assume by your post that you are making a (common) mistake in your title by calling an appetizer an "entree?" Entree refers to a main course, at least here in America, and I see by some of the posts that some posters are interpreting it as an appetizer and some as a main course. But by reading your post, I get that you actually mean an appetizer....

sky

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 3:52 pm
fruit soup - strawberry or melon with a Crunchy topping.

mommy100

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 5:03 pm
I was looking for something to put on the plates for ppl as they come in either parve or Milchig not salad or fruit

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 5:10 pm
boureka or blintz
triple assortment of sliced wraps
salmon or tuna wellington
mini quiche

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 5:17 pm
Ah, if you meant first course, the easiest crowd please is have a platter of crudite on the table with assortment of salatim & dips, like hummous, baba ganoush, guacamole, carrot salad, matbucha, aubergine dip, olive salad, chopped herring, egg salad, beetroot salad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics