Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Glasses and toddlers

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 12:42 am
my 3.5 year old needs glasses. has anyone ever ordered from Zenni? is there any way to get around the dorky big eyed look, im so shallow but it bugs me out. hes just this teeeeeeny tiny kid and I dont know something about the big eyes on his tiny face is going to make him look awfully strange.....

yeh I got to get over it, but until then.....

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 7:04 pm
Go to a brick and mortar store and see what looks best. don't order online.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Jun 09 2012, 10:48 pm
Agree with cm. Plus I happen to think lots of kids look really cute in glasses.

Rikola

Post Sat, Jun 09 2012, 10:55 pm
Definitely go and have a professional fit him. My DD got her glasses at the same age, and she looked crazy cute. Plus she could see, which was the most important part. We tried on a few, and the optometrist who helped us gave us really good information and made her feel at ease. She's almost 9 and I still wouldn't order online. They have to fit correctly and be comfortable, especially when they're getting used to having glasses on for the first time, and the only way to know is to try. Good luck and have fun. Smile

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 11:36 pm
Yes. You have to take her to be fitted for glasses in a regular store. Not sure where you live--but perhaps ask for recommendations.

There are lots of adorable glasses for little kids. Preschoolers in glasses are adorable, in my opinion, though I may be a little biased...

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 1:22 pm
I know this thread is a few weeks old, but this morning, while bringing my 4 yr old to school and looking at him with his glasses, I wanted to address the part you wrote about not being able to get over that you don't like glasses on little kids.

I think all my kids are k'h adorable, but I've never had as many comments as I do with my 4 yr old with glasses. Maybe because his personality also, maybe because he's a bit chubby, at least his face, or maybe because of the glasses. I at first also looked at my ds the way you might think you might feel, but then I started looking at him the way others see him and he's k'h delicious!! He doesn't only have his glasses, but one eye is smaller than the other, but he still looks adorable.

Now this is obvious, but I'm saying this because if you would have said after the fact when he already had his glasses, that you don't think he looks cute, etc... the women on imamother would jump down your throat, so I'm clarifying just in case, don't portray your feelings onto him. Sorry, I'm just a little annoyed about a different thread. I ask a question, not advice and I got annoyed by some responses. Okay, I'm done, back to my cupcakes Smile .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics