Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Iso recipes without egg or egg product

purplesquare

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:18 am
I'm looking for yummy side dishes without any egg or egg product. so far I have green beans and roasted potatoes what else??

saweetie

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 10:05 am
purplesquare wrote:
I'm looking for yummy side dishes without any egg or egg product. so far I have green beans and roasted potatoes what else??

I recently had a guest that was allergic to eggs
puff pastry dough is egg free, there's a gr8 pasta salad w/o mayo from fresh and easy that's really good w/ avocado and hearts of palm., you can do shnitzel w/o egging it., roasted vegetables, sweet potato fries, salad, apple crisp, I have a kishka recipe w/o eggs....
fyi, chocolate mousse's peach cobbler is eggless.
pm me for any specific recipies

spring13

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 10:22 am
Just about any vegetable can be steamed or roasted or sauteed into a lovely side dish without a lot of trouble. Just google "steamed broccoli" or "sauteed zucchini" or whatever and see what recipes pop up with flavor suggestions. Fresh veggie salads are also perfect in an egg-free scenario.

You can also try searching vegan cookbooks or websites, they'll have ideas for cooking that get around eggs - including chemical egg substitute, which you can buy in stores that have health food sections. Vegan recipes are especially great when you need to bake.

skyblue

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 3:23 pm
yummy egg free apple cranberry kugel!

2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
1 1/3 c sugar
1 c oil
1 Tb cinnamon
mix above ingredients together, separately mix 5 chopped and peeled apples with 1 can jellied cranberry sauce. line pan with 1/2 crumb mixture, add apple and cranberry mixture and sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. it's heaven!! (and so easy)

skyblue

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 3:24 pm
and bake 350 for 1 hour

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 8:39 am
On starch side, rice, potato (roasted, boiled mini potato), sweet potato (roasted with cinnamon and OJ), egg-free pasta salad (sesame noodle salad).

On veggies, so many things--cauliflower, broccoli, sweet and sour carrots and celery (search under my name), roasted veggies, roasted beetroots, ratatouille, braised fennels/jerusalem artichoke, butternut squash.

For someone who's allergic to wheat and egg, I made indian style pakoras/bhajis--based on gram flour (ground chickpeas), add finely chopped/grated veggies (carrots, onions), season with salt, cumin seeds, add just enough water to form batter and fry in oil just like small-sized latkes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes